Iguana Rock Mount Pleasant, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 0.66 Acres
- 3380 Sq Ft
- Infinity Pool
- FOR SALE
- 4 en suite bedrooms with AC
- Rocky Bay Estate
- Stunning Island Views
- Online Viewing By Request
Iguana Rock Mount Pleasant, Bequia Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
28,821 sq ft / 0.66 acre plot
Property Sold fully furnished Spectacular 4 Bedroom Property
This newly built 3880 sq ft south facing easily maintained house, with cool breezes year round, is situated in a large, secluded plot of 28,821 sq ft.Iguana Rock comfortably sleeps 8 with high ceilings, tall windows, a beautiful handcrafted kitchen and a 31 ft x 11ft infinity pool
The main entrance is via an enclosed courtyard with subtle concealed lighting, pond and water fountain. A magnificent, natural rock outcrop provides home to a number of green iguanas and creates a beautiful setting.
Stunning Ocean Views
Gorgeous views of Mustique and The Grenadines, together with a stunning interior, gives Iguana Rock a feel good factor from the moment you enter the house.
Fully Open Plan
Described as a Modern Caribbean Style, the solid mahogany doors slide neatly into pockets, allowing the lounge, kitchen and dining area to open onto a large verandah and relaxing pool deck, creating a fully integrated living space. The louvre shutters, tall stylish windows, high gabled roof and solid wood floor, retains the Caribbean character.
Well Equipped Kitchen
The pristine kitchen, designed and imported from England, offers the latest in style and design, with a 14 ft Island unit and marble top. Miele appliances include the latest induction hob, fan oven, steam oven and integrated fridge freezer.
Four bedrooms, all with en suite bathrooms, ceilings fans, air conditioning and built in cupboards, makes the property ideal for a family and also offers top rental appeal.
One of the bedrooms is self contained and could alternatively be used for a live in maid, media room, office or games room. There is also a laundry room and guest toilet.
Modern Infinity Swimming Pool
The infinity edge pool is 31 ft x 11 ft and has the latest diatomaceous filter system, requiring minimum maintenance.
- 1 x Master Bedroom (Middle Level) with double en suite bathroom and private access to the pool
- 2 x Double Bedrooms Lower Level
- 1 x Double Bedroom SC Ground Level
- Secure, Fenced Grounds & Garden
- Parking space for up to 4 cars at the property.
- Main Shopping area 1.7 miles
- Nearest Restaurant 5 mins
- Best beaches on the island are less than 2 miles away
- Nearest beach, Ravine Bay is 10 mins walk
- Airport 30 mins
- Sold fully furnished
A central hilly area, Mount Pleasant enjoys a perfect combination of breezy elevation, rolling landscape, and access down to the beaches on both the Atlantic and Caribbean side and to the harbour town of Port Elizabeth. A very civilized retreat to enjoy Bequia from. Traditionally home of the islanders with roots in the French settlers, this is a long established residential location often with breathaking panoramic views.
Purchasing land in a foreign country can seem like a daunting task. We are here from start to finish of the process, and pride ourselves with a strong relationship with previous buyers, assisting in settling new owners into the island and their property. We are happy to assist with any part, from the handover, relocating, shipping, staffing, and continuing through our rental program.
We extend our full concierge services, and regularly handle all arrangements for potential purchasers visiting the islands for viewings - private or scheduled flights, transfers, accommodation, island briefings, tours and property viewings.
We arrange and lead viewings ensuring they are comfortable, relaxed and well timed. We provided detailed printed material and can photograph aspects of the property which are of particular interest to you, ensuring that all follow up material is focused for you.
From helping you find the right property, assisting in assessment & evaluation, advice on legal processes to various areas surrounding architecture, design, project management, property maintenance, management, and rental.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.