David Estate House and 8 Acres of Fertile Land Enhams, St Vincent, Saint Vincent
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 8 Acres
- Ample space for a pool
- FOR SALE
- 8 acres of lovely fertile land
- Easy acess to the international airport at Argyll
- Private gated drive and fenced land
- Inclined land with stream
- Development potential
- Online Viewing By Request
The DAVID ESTATE is approximately 15 minutes drive from Argyle International Airport and 20-25 minutes drive to Kingstown. The property should appeal to a professional working in Kingstown or at the international airport.
Fertile Estate grounds
8 acres of land, with mature vegetation, a range of species, including mango, plum, banana, avocado, breadfruit, coconut.
Approx 2 acres is cut and managed. The rest is forest land which increases in gradient up to the boundary with Government Reserve Lands to the rear.
- Stream boarders the land
- Approx 2 acres is cut and managed with fruits
Estate House - 4 Bedrooms
A traditional estate house with elevated veranda, pleasant quality interior, operational and in a well cared for condition - but with the scope for some modernisation restyling if the purchaser wishes.
- The property is a concrete structure with tiled flooring throughout.
- Windows and doors imported from UK.
- High wood beamed ceiling allowing good airflow inside.
- Galvanised sheet roofing.
The immediate views are across the properties tropical gardens.
Great Layout with additional apartment on ground floor
Currently accommodation for live-in Gardener – garage with shower / bathroom, makeshift kitchenette, bedroom to the side with access through internal door.
External steps lead to first floor covered terrace.
Leading to lounge / media room with kitchen to the side / through to laundry area and internal staircase from garage.
At the rear of the house are 3 bedrooms – 1 ensuite with walk in closet and direct access to back covered porch.
The two guest rooms share a bathroom - one with access to covered porch.
- Electrical Supply connected to the national grid, with 220 voltage outlets.
- Water connected to mains supply
- Solar Heated water tank for hot water
From Kingstown on the Windward Highway, pass the “welcome to
Diamond” sign, pass Randy’s Supermarket and turn left opposite the
mechanic’s garage, follow the road past Jem’s Pre School and turn right
over the bridge, bare left onto single track road leading to the
property’s white gated entrance .
Registered survey drawing of the estate can be viewed on the Plans Tab above.
Full set of photos
Beautiful Tropical southern zone of Saint Vincent . CLose to the new international Airport good road access around the island.
We support our clients from start to finish of the purchase process, and pride ourselves with a strong relationship with previous buyers.
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
We extend our full concierge services, and regularly handle all arrangements for potential purchasers visiting the islands for viewings - private or scheduled flights, transfers, accommodation, island briefings, tours and property viewings.
We arrange and lead viewings ensuring they are comfortable, relaxed and well timed. We provided detailed printed material and can photograph aspects of the property which are of particular interest to you, ensuring that all follow up material is focused for you.
From helping you find the right property, assisting in assessment & evaluation, advice on legal processes to various areas surrounding architecture, design, project management, property maintenance, management, and rental.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for
approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both
parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you
would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.Ownership
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.