Last Updated: September 7, 2018
We are a dedicated team offering a personal, efficient and trustworthy service. We are happy to answer any questions in any respect of your use of our site and services.
We trust this information assists with your enjoyment and satisfaction in our services.
When this policy mentions “The Grenadines Collection,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to the The Grenadines Collection, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 7066831 whose registered office is in the UK as noted on our contact details below (8.).
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are two general categories of information we collect.
1.1 Information You Give to Us.
1.1.1 Information that is necessary for the use of our services.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use our services. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Personal Information. When you book online, request more information or advice, we may require certain information for all parties involved; such as first name, last name, email address, phone number, age. This depends on the service being booked. This information may be passed onto relevant third parties, such as property owners / hosts to facilitate a booking, sale of property, or provide other services (such as Lawyers for property purchases).
- Identity Verification Information. To provide services such as car hire & flight booking we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information. This information may be passed onto relevant third parties, such as airlines, government agencies, to facilitate a booking.
- Payment Information. To use certain services (such as booking a holiday villa, booking flights), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via SagePay Payments).
- Communications with The Grenadines Collection. When you communicate with The Grenadines Collection, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide. This information may be passed onto relevant third parties within the context of your request for services.
1.1.2 Information that is necessary for the use of the Payment Services.
The Payments Data Controller needs to collect the following information, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable law (such as anti-money laundering regulations). Without it, you will not be able to use Payment Services:
- Payment Information. When you use the Payment Services, the Payments Data Controller requires certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of The Grenadines Collection Website
When you use The Grenadines Collection website, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the our services.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the The Grenadines Collection website, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience.
- Usage Information. We may collect information about your interactions with The Grenadines Collection website such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the website.
- Log Data and Device Information. To facilitate improved website design we automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use The Grenadines Collection website. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the website (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the website.
- Payment Transaction Information. SagePay Payments collects information related to your payment transactions through The Grenadines Collection booking process, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and The Grenadines Collection and to allow the provision of the Payment Services.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use, store, and process information, including personal information, about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop The Grenadines Collection website & services, create and maintain a trusted and safer environment and comply with our legal obligations.
2.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop The Grenadines Collection Website & Services.
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize The Grenadines Collection website & services, and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, notifications, information.
2.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes with any property owners and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our terms & conditions and other policies.
2.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences, and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google.
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising.
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
2.4 How the Payments Data Controller uses the Information Collected.
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies.
3. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
3.1 Sharing with Third Parties.
To help facilitate bookings or other services requested we may need to share certain information, including such as first name, last name , age and on rare occasions email address and phone with other third parties (such as property owners / hosts, airlines, car hire companies) as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, and to provide the services requested.
During booking of flights with Saint Vincent & the Grenadines Airways (SVG Air) and Mustique Air (Grenadines Air Alliance) your payment details are passed directly to them for processing.
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Property Owners.
3.2 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights.
The Grenadines Collection may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against The Grenadines Collection, (iii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, the Payment Terms or other agreements with Members, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of The Grenadines Collection, its employees or any third parties involved.
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the protection of your or another person's vital interests or for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping The Grenadines Collection secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, or preventing damage.
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon The Grenadines Collection or any affected third party. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Member about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
3.3 Aggregated Data.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymous information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
4. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
4.1 Google Maps/Earth.
5. THIRD PARTY PARTNERS & INTEGRATIONS
The Grenadines Collection website may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third party integrations. The Grenadines Collection doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to email@example.com
6.1 Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information.
You have the right to ask us to correct or update inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you or any member of your group / party.
6.2 Data Access and Portability.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
6.3 Data Retention and Erasure.
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information, you can request that we erase your personal information. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g. Reviews) may continue to be publicly visible on The Grenadines Collection website, unless you implicitly state otherwise.
6.4 Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing.
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by The Grenadines Collection you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a communication to The Grenadines Collection specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to Section 6.5 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of The Grenadines Collection override your own.
6.5 Objection to Processing.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to require The Grenadines Collection not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing – just let us know and The Grenadines Collection will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time ask The Grenadines Collection to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.6 Lodging Complaints.
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by The Grenadines Collection before the competent data protection authorities.
7. OPERATING GLOBALLY
To facilitate our global operations The Grenadines Collection may transfer, store, and process your information within our family of companies based in the United Kingdom and Saint Vincent & the Grenadines. Laws in these countries may differ from the laws applicable to your Country of Residence. Where we transfer store, and process your personal information outside of the United Kingdom we have ensured that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure an adequate level of data protection.
8. CONTACT US
Caribbean Operating Address: Gingerbread, Waterfront , Belmont Box 250 BEQUIA West Indies
UK Registered Address: Birch Croft, Applethwaite, Keswick, CA124PN