Emita House Lower Bay, Bequia, The Grenadines
- All Photos
- FOR SALE
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 0.179 Acres
- 7813 Sq Ft
- Floodlit plunge pool within lush tropical grounds
- Incredibly private with rich tropical foliage
- Classic Stone poolside sun lounging terrace with dining gazebo
- Excellent views to Princess Margarets Beach and over Lower Bay and beyond
- Tasteful unique property with a dreamy feel
- Elevated above the road
- Rental income generation as each part of the house can be rented separately
- Online Viewing By Request
Lower Bay, Bequia
An easy stroll down to Princess Margarets Beach
Friendship Bay is a short drive or walk away over the ridge / Friendship Gap. Emita House is very centrally located on Bequia so benefits from short drive times to explore the island.
The property has 4 main areas :
- Main House Level - 2 Bedrooms
- Owners 'Tower" 1 Bedroom with AC
- Tropical pool terrace with BBQ, dining gazebo and sun lounging area
- Utility, laundry and storage area on the lower ground floor
Superb location above the Lower Bay road
The Main House - A well laid-out, open-plan area with lovely social areas
Utility & laundry rooms on the lower level
Plunge pool with stone terrace, Gazebo and sun lounging area
Tropical oasis nestled in mature gardens
Active rental property, well specified and flexible layout
- Electricity supplied by Vinlec
- Internet and phone connection in place
- Good phone signal on the property
- Concrete construction
- Burglar bars + mosquito netting on doors/windows
- Completely Fenced
- Retaining stone wall to rear and front of property
Lovely Driveway with easy access and covered parking bay
You can park your vehicle in the covered car bay and enter on one level into the kitchen.
Furnishings are included in the sale
(may be available by separate negotiation)
Contact our team The Grenadines Collection to make a viewing visit or with any questions regarding this beautiful property.
A tiny village on a spectacular beach this is becoming a desirable residential area. Hillside houses and Villas enjoy views of Admiralty Bay and pleasant breezes. There are local restaurants right on the beach so a great place to spend the day, This is the beach of choice for Bequians and there is a wonderful family atmosphere at the weekends. At Easter regatta time there is a buzz of activity with all the local sailing boats launching from the beach.
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for
approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both
parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you
would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.