Lower Bay & Princess Margaret Ridge Land Plot 1 Lower Bay, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 0.3 Acres
- 13289 Sq Ft
- Two Beaches
- FOR SALE
- Panoramic Bay & Ocean Views
- Steps Frrom Two Beaches
- Additional Land Available
Lower Bay & Princess Margaret Ridge Land Plot 1 Lower Bay, Bequia St. Vincent & the Grenadines
0.3 acre / 13,289 Sq Ft
Views Over Admiralty Bay
The land is in a great location, on the ridge between two of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. The views from the plot are panoramic and out over the whole of Admiralty Bay and the Caribbean ocean beyond.
Convenient Location & Just above Two Beaches
The plot is wonderfully close to both Lower Bay the beach and Princess Margaret Beach - just steps down to the coral sand and azure waters. The plot has road access and from this location you are also only a short water taxi ride or 5 / 10 minute drive from the harbour town of Port Elizabeth.
Natural Woodland Plot with Gentle Rise
The 0.3 acre plot has natural woodland, that brings a lovely amount of shade and rises gently to give wonderful views over the bay.
Please contact our team for a viewing or site meeting with an architect and advice on purchasing land in Saint Vincent & the Grenadines.
Further Land Available
The smaller neighbouring plot can also be purchased - individually, or combined with this plot:Lower Bay & Princess Margaret Ridge Land Combined - 19,403 sq ftLower Bay & Princess Margaret Ridge Land Plot 2 - 6,114 sq ft
Future Rental Potential
With Bequia having developed a thriving holiday rental industry over recent years, this plot also has great potential to be the base for a successful villa rental, especially considering the privacy and proximity to the beach. The plot is situated around properties currently used as a vacation rentals.
- Yards from Lower Bay Beach
- Yards from Princess Margaret Beach
- 5 / 10 minute drive from Port Elizabeth
- 3 minute water taxi from Port Elizabeth Harbour
- 2 - 5 min stroll to waterfront bars and restaurants, and local supermarket.
A tiny village on a spectacular beach this is becoming a desirable residential area. Hillside houses and Villas enjoy views of Admiralty Bay and pleasant breezes. There are local restaurants right on the beach so a great place to spend the day, This is the beach of choice for Bequians and there is a wonderful family atmosphere at the weekends. At Easter regatta time there is a buzz of activity with all the local sailing boats launching from the beach.
Purchasing land in a foreign country can seem like a daunting task. We are here from start to finish of the process, and pride ourselves with a strong relationship with previous buyers, assisting in settling new owners into the island and their property. We are happy to assist with any part, from the handover, relocating, shipping, staffing, and continuing through our rental program.
We extend our full concierge services, and regularly handle all arrangements for potential purchasers visiting the islands for viewings - private or scheduled flights, transfers, accommodation, island briefings, tours and property viewings.
We arrange and lead viewings ensuring they are comfortable, relaxed and well timed. We provided detailed printed material and can photograph aspects of the property which are of particular interest to you, ensuring that all follow up material is focused for you.
From helping you find the right property, assisting in assessment & evaluation, advice on legal processes to various areas surrounding architecture, design, project management, property maintenance, management, and rental.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.