La Dolce Vita Spring, Bequia, The Grenadines
- All Photos
- FOR SALE
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- .66 Acres
- 3800 Sq Ft
- 24 ft x 12 ft x 4.5 ft deep
- Elevated 140 ft above sealevel clear breezy air
- 3 bedroom private villa,
- Easy road access and parking
- Planning Permission for additional property in the grounds
- 2 living rooms and 2 kitchens }
- Driveway down to the villa and steps down towards the beach
- Rental appartment for income generation
- Online Viewing By Request
La Dolce Vita (The Sweet Life)
A conveniently located and very well maintained 3 bedroom property with pool and superb ocean views On 2/3 acre of land in a private location on Spring Estate:
- Additional rentable apartment for additional income generation.
- Approved planning permission for an additional guest cottage and pool in the grounds
The home has 2 bedrooms on the main floor with large open plan lounge and kitchen and a separate, private 1 bedroom apartment on the lower floor.
The property has spacious covered decks and French Doors for relaxed tropical living.
Property benefits from the perfect elevation
La Dolce Vita is on Lot 10 which is on the lower hillside of Spring Estate - protected from winds from the east by Crown Point Hill and is 140 feet above sea level.
- Location is protected from the sea blast and Sahara dust
- House enjoys a lovely breeze but no high winds
- The prevailing direction of the wind means there is no impact from sargassum
Exceptional flexible access
Dolce Vita land runs from road to road and is well connected with great access.
Walking to the beach or town is easy as there are concrete stairs all the way down to the road below from the house.
Easy Parking for up to 4 vehicles
- Driveway down to the house with parking for 2 vehicles.
- Parking at the road for 2 vehicles directly above the house with a flight of stairs to access through the courtyard and into the great room. There are also side steps to the lower apartment and pool deck
Enjoy the sweeping views of Spring Bay, Spring Plantation, and the uninhabited and historical islands of Battowia and Balliceaux from La Dolce Vita. Watch the Palms sway on the palm fringed Spring Bay below.
Located in a peaceful private estate with vacant land parcels either side, currently just one other built property a couple plots away
This is a peaceful setting with no through road so very few cars - mainly residents only.
Internal access down to the pool deck / lower level
The Lower level can also be accessed externally so guests have their own direct route to the apartment.
Upper level @ 2384 square foot
- Great room 576 sf
- Bedrooms 289 sf x 2 rooms
- Courtyard 272 sf
- Front deck 702 sf
- Side decks 128 x 2
- Bedroom 432 sf (36 ft by 12ft)
- Living room 80 sf
- Front deck 216 sf
- Side decks 128 x 2 decks
- Pump/storeroom 160
- Pool deck 96 + 192
In master bedroom only/additional units can be put in by purchaser as required
24 ft by 12 ft @ 4.5 ft deep
Salt chlorinated pool system
Completed in 1992 by Julie McIntosh
Roof : Galvanise sheets
Ceilings : High wooden beams on upper level / flat on lower level
Floors : Ceramic floor tiles throughout
Windows : Aluminium ( kitchen window is wood / with mosquito mesh)
Doors : All doors are wooden - cypress and cedar wood
Main tank 28,000 gallons
Additional tank by pool 6,000 gallons
Electricity / Power sources
Connected to the National Grid Vinlec with 220 v outlets.
Electric water pump
The kitchen also has wired 110 v outlets for appliances powered from huge transformer hidden inside a cupboard and USB charging ports
Also solar powered pump for the pool and for hot water throughout the property with electrical back up which can be switched on if required.
2 extra sola panels for which any surplus power generated can be fed back through the house thus keeping the bills low
The property has Wifi from local provider.
Annual Property Tax
Currently 1471 XCD per year
Equates to approx. 550 USD annually
A quiet international community of independent villas on the hillsides of this green and peaceful valley. The boutique Firefly Hotel, and old sugar mill is located here. The old tall Coconut palms run down to the coral sand beach facing the ocean. Completely away from the Harbour but astonishingly close for a visit for shops, restaurants and the bustle of island life.
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for
approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both
parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you
would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.