Firefly Beachfront Land Bequia Spring, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 13 Acres
- 566280 Sq Ft
- 800ft of sandy beachfront
- FOR SALE
- East Atlantic coast
- 13 acres of level beachfront land
- Tropical palm grove
- Direct road access
- Electricity utilitiy provided to the land }
- A Developer has current plans approved for the lot
- It is anticipated new planing submissions would meet with smooth approval.
- Online Viewing By Request
Beautiful sea and island views
Excellent private villa or development opportunity
Utilities all in place
Clear for development
Recent planning permission was issued to develop a number of properties 3 units have been built in one pod and license remains for a further 32 Units to be constructed on the site.
Cable / Wifi at the road
Water supply on Bequia is usually rainfall captured from roofs into cool concrete water tanks. - this system works wonderfully and is taken into consideration during the design of the properties.
The property benefits from close direct water access so desalination system is also a possibility
Port Elizabeth 5 mins drive
Close to Bequia Airport
Barbados is reached via a 50 min flight from Bequia
50 min Ferry to Saint Vincent with Direct flights to Uk and US
9 miles from Mustique
20 Miles from Canouan
Up till now very little beachfront land has been available for purchase.
A quiet international community of independent villas on the hillsides of this green and peaceful valley. The boutique Firefly Hotel, and old sugar mill is located here. The old tall Coconut palms run down to the coral sand beach facing the ocean. Completely away from the Harbour but astonishingly close for a visit for shops, restaurants and the bustle of island life.
The entire purchase process can be handled remotely from your country of residence.
Purchase costs are straightforward
- 5% Stamp Duty
- 6% ALHL - approximately
- Legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs. We can recommend reasonably priced legal services
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us - The Grenadines Collection. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval
by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties.
This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would
retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.
Full Support from our team through the purchase process through to securing rentals for your new property.
Full Service Real Estate Agency
Due to operating in a small island environment we cover many more services for our clients beyond the core transaction. We are here from start to finish of the process, and pride ourselves with a strong and long running relationship with our buyers, assisting in settling new owners into the island and their property. We are happy to assist with any part, from the handover, relocating, shipping, staffing, and continuing through our rental program.
We extend our full concierge services, and regularly handle all arrangements for potential purchasers visiting the islands for viewings - private or scheduled flights, transfers, accommodation, island briefings, tours and property viewings.
We arrange and lead viewings ensuring they are comfortable, relaxed and well timed. We provided detailed printed material and can photograph aspects of the property which are of particular interest to you, ensuring that all follow up material is focused for you.
From helping you find the right property, assisting in assessment & evaluation, advice on legal processes to various areas surrounding architecture, design, project management, property maintenance, management, and rental.