Yellow Plum Villa Lower Bay, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 0.11 Acres
- Elevated hillside location
- Outstanding views
- Lower Bay Beach just 2 mins
- Harbour just 10 mins
- A panoramic view out across the bay to the fort on Bequia around the bay and out with a clear run of view over to Saint Vincent }
- rental at 1100USD per week
Yellow Plum Villa Lower Bay, Bequia St. Vincent & the Grenadines 4694 Square Feet / 0.11 Acres
Two self-contained apartments spread over two floors
Upper Level - 3 Double Bedrooms & Open Plan Interior
There are 3 double bedrooms, 2 facing the ocean and 1 rear bedroom. The interior is open plan, each space flows through to the other maintaining a cool space. The views of the bay are breathtaking.
2 bedrooms, open plan kitchen / dining / lounge. Front covered porch approx 23 ft long by 12 ft deep
Cool & Simple, the Perfect Base
The villas interior is cool, simple and uncluttered with simply all the basics that guests need to relax at the end of the day. The floors are tiled and the bedroom windows louvered to maintain a cool temperature throughout.
Beautiful ocean views and a calm, relaxed atmosphere
The property is currently rented for over 1000 USD per week - and with refurbishment and re-modelling this figure could be increased.
You can purchase this property with ongoing rentals or as a blank canvas for just your personal use - just ask the team to clarify the rentals.
A Great Location
Yellow Plum Villa is situated in Lower Bay, and benefits from stunning ocean views. The house is within close proximity to the beach, and the busy harbour town of Port Elizabeth is just a ten minute drive away. This villa is in a great location, and the property is a successful rental - all the guests feel right at home in this peaceful setting.
Close to Beach & Restaurants
Airport is just 20 - 30 mins away - The location enjoys a peaceful feel being in an area of increasing popularity for Holiday rental properties.Having the best of both worlds of gorgeous views and quick access to the beach and harbour facilities and restaurants.
Panoramic Bay Views
The verandah is a fantastic area, and from here guests can look out at the turquoise Caribbean Sea, and watch the boats sailing peacefully into the harbour.
There is also an area here for al fresco dining, so guests can be accompanied by cool sea breezes as they dine.
Please note that the access road to the property is steep
Roofing - Galvanised sheeting Ceiling on upper level - exposed closed board painted wood beams Ceiling on lower level - flat concrete Flooring - ceramic tiles throughout
A tiny village on a spectacular beach this is becoming a desirable residential area. Hillside houses and Villas enjoy views of Admiralty Bay and pleasant breezes. There are local restaurants right on the beach so a great place to spend the day, This is the beach of choice for Bequians and there is a wonderful family atmosphere at the weekends. At Easter regatta time there is a buzz of activity with all the local sailing boats launching from the beach.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.