Octopus Mount Pleasant, Bequia, The Grenadines
- All Photos
- FOR SALE
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 0.25 Acres
- Private Pools
- Elevated restidential location
- Expansive Ocean views
- 2 Private Pools and Gymnasium
- Turn key property fully furnished
- Elevated location yet sill within easy distance of amenities, restaurants and beaches. }
- Excellent Established Rental Properties
- Online Viewing By Request
Cool and Contemporary Villas
The property comprises two residential vacation rental units on half an acre of land. Octopus Villa 1 and Octopus Villa 2. These beautifully appointed, stylish, self contained villas boast open-plan
interiors, pool decks and terraces overlooking Admiralty Bay.
Turn key - furnishings included
Located just a 2-3 minute drive away from the main harbour town of Port Elizabeth and West coast beaches. Mount Pleasant is an established residential area , very reputable and safe and the elevated position offers truly magnificent view over Admiralty Bay.
A spacious terrace sweeps right around the villa offering the perfect areas for outdoor dining with a bbq, outdoor showers and sun loungers, whilst both the infinity and plunge pool provide ultimate views of the ocean.
2 self contained villas , ( 'South' and 'North' Villa )- it side by side - each with private pools, gardens and terraces with beautiful west facing ocean sunset views.
Below the living spaces there is a private air conditioned gym (shared
between the villas), a laundry and pump room, all accessed from the
The two minivillas could be combined into one luxury villa property if so desired.
The South villa
3 bedrooms / 3 bathroms, with open plan kitchen dining and living space which leads out via glass French doors onto the infinity pool, terrace and bbq area for seemless indoor / outdoor living.
The North villa
2 bedrooms with large shared family bathroom, L shaped open plan living dining kitchen which again leads out onto it's very own pool and deck with the same breathtaking views.
A gated private driveway provides secure parking.
A central hilly area, Mount Pleasant enjoys a perfect combination of breezy elevation, rolling landscape, and access down to the beaches on both the Atlantic and Caribbean side and to the harbour town of Port Elizabeth. A very civilized retreat to enjoy Bequia from. Traditionally home of the islanders with roots in the French settlers, this is a long established residential location often with breathaking panoramic views.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for
approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both
parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you
would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.