Camelot Hope Bay, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 0.6 Acres
- 27000 Sq Ft
- Solar Heated Pool with cover
- FOR SALE
- Fully Furnished /optional
- Tremendous Ocean Views
- New, finished to high standard
- VALUATION from Thomas Dehen ref 28th April from Rodney's email address Received from owner on 8th May 2019 1. Camelot is a mustique style villa constructed in 2004 and completed in 2010 2 Camelot is constructed from all non corrosive materials inside and outside which makes the villa mostly maintenance free 3 Camelot has a 80,000 gals water storage tank so water is never a issue 4 camelot structure runs form north to south which allows all areas to have windows to the wind which comes from the east making the villa very cool 5. Camelot is located is a very quiet family only area 6 Camelot pool has a ridged cover which allows you to cover the pool when not in use ( great safety for kids) 7. All of Camelot furniture was hand made on site by Indonesia workers which increases its value 8. Villa is located on 27000 square feet of land and if buyer wants more land to be extended it’s very possible 9. Camelot can also be accessed from a closed main road from above which can be reopened so there will be no more front steps 10. Camelot has a electric operated private gate 11. Camelot monthly cost for Gardner/ electric bill/ cable when it’s closed up is about 200 USA dollars if pool has water. If not about 125 When the villa is in use about 250 usd Camelot has a valuation of. 1.280,000 USA dollars which was done about 6 years ago. A new valuation now will most likely be more but I am marketing the villa at the same value and I am a very very motivated seller ....... if the client likes what he see,s he can make a offer as he wishes and it maybe excepted Also Camelot was mostly constructed and design by myself which was motivated by myself being I charge of all the mustique villas here in Mustique There is also a one in the world only custom made car in the garage which will go with the villa too I will be willing to continue taking care of Camelot for its new owner if the owner wants
Camelot is a newly built Mustique inspired villa with a wonderfully clean style. This stunning Bequia villa is situated in the quiet and serene Hope estate. It enjoys an elevated location with ocean views over to the islands of Balliceaux and Battowia to the East.
The property is accessed through the two main gates, immediately giving Camelot a heightened sense of grandeur and privacy. This is an excellent location, since the busy harbour town of Port Elizabeth is only a 5 minute drive away. Here you will find local supermarkets, a great vegetable market and a great range of waterfront bars and restaurants. Camelot is also only a ten minute drive from the beautiful Princess Margaret and Lower Bay beaches.
Great living, kitchen and dining spaces
Camelot has an open living area, with big double doors that open out to the pool area and bring in lots of light. This area is a great size. Next to this area is an area for dining, and on the other side is an excellent, large kitchen area. The kitchen is fresh and modern looking, all stainless steel. There are also numerous spaces for outside dining.
The villa has three bedrooms of a good size. The master bedroom has a walk in wardrobe and en suite bathroom. The other two bedrooms are on the other side of the property, along with a second bathroom and laundry room.
The whole property is finished to a very high standard, with fresh, bright wall colours and a nautical theme. This is an extremely well thought out property with a great layout.
Popular Rental Property
Due to the location, degree of comfort and well equipped interior Camelot is currently being marketed as a rental villa on the island.
Currently the owner spends 500 EC $ per month on electricity, cable and garden maintenance. The villa has been built to robust specifications to last and with a high spec finish and has only been managed as a rental property.
The house is available either fully furnished or at a negotiated rate without its contents which offers a greater flexibility for the potential buyer to consider.
Camelot has a lovely infinity edge pool which has amazing ocean views. On either side of the pool is a great deck area, so there is plenty of outdoor space to play with. The pool has a wood & steel electrically controlled cover which helps maintain the high finish. The pool is solar heated.
The villa currently functions successfully as a rental property, so it could be purchased and used as a great source of rental income. Alternatively, it could of course be used as a fantastic private home. Since it is newly built, there is little need for renovation as everything has recently been finished to a high standard and is regularly monitored and has recently been repainted. Camelot has a great layout, an enviable location and the perfect balance of privacy and accessibility.
Above Bequia's remote surf beach this headland faces out to the Atlantic. Broad, green and wooded hillsides with wonderfully cooling breezes and ocean views across the rugged islands of Balliceau, Battowia and south to Mustique. This is the location of choice for established islanders who enjoy the sunrise, elevation, peace and quiet and cool breezes.
Purchasing land in a foreign country can seem like a daunting task. We are here from start to finish of the process, and pride ourselves with a strong relationship with previous buyers, assisting in settling new owners into the island and their property. We are happy to assist with any part, from the handover, relocating, shipping, staffing, and continuing through our rental program.
We extend our full concierge services, and regularly handle all arrangements for potential purchasers visiting the islands for viewings - private or scheduled flights, transfers, accommodation, island briefings, tours and property viewings.
We arrange and lead viewings ensuring they are comfortable, relaxed and well timed. We provided detailed printed material and can photograph aspects of the property which are of particular interest to you, ensuring that all follow up material is focused for you.
From helping you find the right property, assisting in assessment & evaluation, advice on legal processes to various areas surrounding architecture, design, project management, property maintenance, management, and rental.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.