Diamond Estate Friendship Bay, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 4 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 0.35 Acres
- 15256 Sq Ft
- Space for pool
- FOR SALE
- Traditional Caribbean Verandah
- Mature planted tropical gardens
- huge development potential
- Online Viewing By Request
This elevated property is located just below the ridge top connecting with Lower Bay and looks down across a well planted tropical garden with glimpses over Friendship Bay.
Cool, Breezy Location
Located on the gentle sloping hillside the property welcomes cooling offshore breezes via a traditional Caribbean verandah. The sun rises up and over the property with no direct glare.
4 relaxing bedrooms plus a small mezzanine
- Lounge / Living room - leading out to...
Family kitchen and dining areas which lead out to the vast wrap around garden spaces and exterior storage areas.
There is the option to comfortably transform this house to 2 fully self contained independent units one unit on each level thus further exposing rental prospective.
- Whilst the house is lovely to live in with all systems operable including cable TV and Wi Fi connections, the opportunity exists for renovation to convert this house to an exceptional property and to also provide a potential excellent return in investment.
- The property sits amongst 15,256 square foot of mature tropical hillside where there is ample space for an additional guest cottage(s) too and the addition of a private pool.
- An ideal residential or a vacation property which with the addition of a pool and rennovation could generate a weekly rental rate of around 2000 USD per week with a pool.
In October 2011 the roof was completely renovated. The roof has been elevated and has a far better water catchment area as a result. This also opens up the possibility to redesign the upper level area with space to install a 2nd kitchen on this floor, the interior partitions can be easily reconfigured
The property is in a quiet elevated location with road access up to the neighbouring property - followed by a path direct to the house. Relatively little expenditure would allow for this existing road to be extended directly to the property.
- Lower Bay
- Princess Margaret Beach
- Friendship Bay
- Bequia Beach Hotel Jacks Bar and Lower Bay Bars and Restaurants
Hills encircle this fertile valley which opens to a beautifully long sweep of beach with southern views to Mustique and Bequia's southern Cays. Well connected by road to Admiralty Bay over the ridge. Friendship Bay enjoys a quietly established atmosphere with a great blend of local character and world class accommodation on this protected palm fringed bay. Hillside properties enjoy spectacular views accross the bay and out over the Caribbean Sea to the Atlantic Ocean beyond Mustique or to the Southern Grenadines beyond Isle a Quatre. There is an international restaurant on the beach and local roadside bars. Look for local working boats pulled up on the beach or anchored in this sheltered bay.
The entire purchase process can be handled remotely from your country of residence.
Purchase costs are straightforward
- 5% Stamp Duty
- 6% ALHL - approximately
- Legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs. We can recommend reasonably priced legal services
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us - The Grenadines Collection. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval
by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties.
This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would
retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.
Full Support from our team through the purchase process through to securing rentals for your new property.
Full Service Real Estate Agency
Due to operating in a small island environment we cover many more services for our clients beyond the core transaction. We are here from start to finish of the process, and pride ourselves with a strong and long running relationship with our buyers, assisting in settling new owners into the island and their property. We are happy to assist with any part, from the handover, relocating, shipping, staffing, and continuing through our rental program.
We extend our full concierge services, and regularly handle all arrangements for potential purchasers visiting the islands for viewings - private or scheduled flights, transfers, accommodation, island briefings, tours and property viewings.
We arrange and lead viewings ensuring they are comfortable, relaxed and well timed. We provided detailed printed material and can photograph aspects of the property which are of particular interest to you, ensuring that all follow up material is focused for you.
From helping you find the right property, assisting in assessment & evaluation, advice on legal processes to various areas surrounding architecture, design, project management, property maintenance, management, and rental.