Friendship Bay Beach Land Friendship Bay, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 0.84 Acres
- 36533 Sq Ft
- Space for Pool
- FOR SALE
- Inclined with easy Beach access
- One of the best land plots on island
- Prominent location centered on bay
- Beautiful beach just below
- Mustique & St.Hilaire }
- great for tiered property
- very popular rental area
Friendship Bay Beach Land Friendship Bay, Bequia St. Vincent & the Grenadines 36,533 sq ft / 0.84 Acres Beautiful Land with Easy Walk to a Sandy Beach
Friendship Bay Land is available for sale in one of the most beautiful bays in Bequia.
Friendship Bay Beach is accessed via a private path through this idyllic plot of land. The area is close to the beach and its restaurants and nearby high quality hotel developments.
Cool & Comfortable
The south coast of Bequia island enjoys just the right degree of breeze for very comfortable living. The location enjoys gentle breezes and not full impact of the trade-winds.
A property built on this plot would likely enjoy ocean and island views including Friendship Beach, St. Hilaire, La Pompe and Mustique.
Ideal for Development
This location would prove ideal for a vacation rental property or residence. The proximity of the bay would make this the ideal location for owners who love to sail and dive.
Apartments close to the beach can generate an income of anything from 1500 USD per week upwards during the high season depending on the quality of finish.
The property lies in one of the most popular and picturesque locations on the island.
Close to Beach & Harbour
Friendship Bay land is just a 1 minute walk to the beach 20 minutes walk to the harbour and just a short stroll along the beach to a nearby fine restaurant. Bequia is a tiny island, and with a car all the beaches, restaurants, bars and dive shops are close by.
Water Sports in the Bay
The Bay is popular anchorage for yachts and safe mooring for a boat for use with the property would be easy to place. The bay is enjoyed by swimmers, snorkelers and also for water sports such as Windsurfing and paddle boarding.
Hills encircle this fertile valley which opens to a beautifully long sweep of beach with southern views to Mustique and Bequia's southern Cays. Well connected by road to Admiralty Bay over the ridge. Friendship Bay enjoys a quietly established atmosphere with a great blend of local character and world class accommodation on this protected palm fringed bay. Hillside properties enjoy spectacular views accross the bay and out over the Caribbean Sea to the Atlantic Ocean beyond Mustique or to the Southern Grenadines beyond Isle a Quatre. There is an international restaurant on the beach and local roadside bars. Look for local working boats pulled up on the beach or anchored in this sheltered bay.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.