Destiny Ocar, Bequia, The Grenadines
- All Photos
- FOR SALE
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 0.44 Acres
- 3000 Sq Ft
- Fabulous Views over Admiralty Bay
- Vast Architectural Open-plan Design
- 10 mins to Best Beaches
- Close to the Main Harbour
- Fully Functioning Rental Property ( approx 7000USD per week high season rate)
- Online Viewing By Request
- New Build
Brand new luxurious 3 bedroom villa with arguably some of the best views on Bequia, stretching over Admiralty Bay with yachts at anchor, beaches, and onwards, right the way to the tip of West Cay for magical sunsets...
Open plan living with a vast decking area
on the expansive shady deck and take in the fabulous visita from each of the rooms. The kitchen is bold and right at the heart of this property running full width in the main living zone - so the chef is part of the action and the dining table takes center stage on the crisp hardwood integrated veranda.
The veranda's dimensions are really generous and new owner can use the space in a very flexible way - current layout is very relaxing with large daybed and additional comfortable zones. The space is flexible and stunning.
Entering the property you step into the vast open plan kitchen, lounge and dining area which in turn stretches out onto the spacious covered deck terrace overlooking the activities on Admiralty Bay. Enjoy a double day bed, sun loungers or the swing chair to take in those views...
Destiny is designed with the master bedroom commanding half of the upper level of the building.
- Master Bedroom: en suite with King Bed & Air Conditioning
- Guest Bedroom 1: en suite with Queen Bed & Fan on Lower Level with Kitchenette
- Guest Bedroom 2: en suite with Queen Bed & Fan on Lower Level
Master-bedroom with super king bed , air conditioning and ensuite bathroom
Master-bedroom with vast super king bed and luxury of air conditioning and ensuite bathroom and 2-3 steps up to private tropical garden area. The master suite can be opened up to the deck via wooden louvered door or glass sliding doors.
Infinity pool next to the master bedroom
The neat, beautiful swimming pool is located just beyond the master bedroom and offers those same magnificant views. The pool is a saltwater (saline 'cholorine') infinity pool 1.5M deep. The pool has a cleaverly designed waterfall feature with alternating coloured lighting to create a beautiful evening spectacle...
2 guests bedrooms on the
ground floor of the property, both with Queen sized beds and en suite
bathrooms. One of which contains a convenient kitchenette ( with plenty of space for a fridge,
microwave toaster, kettle etc)...
Both lower bedrooms open up directly to patio and large lawned garden area.
A lovely serene reading area is layed out under the stairs which invites guests for a quiet time and leads out to a small courtyard type walled garden area.
A laundry room is also located on the lower level.
Highlighting: steps and some drop offs
We highlight to potential buyers that the house is entered via a number of steps up from parking area.
The owners feel that for rental it is recommended that children are of a sensible age so as to avoid any accidents due to some of the drop offs on the property ( for eg 10 - 12 years and older
Air conditioning is provided in the master bedroom only. The guest rooms downstairs open out to gardens and lovely cooling breezes, with ceiling fan in the second guest bedroom and standing fan in larger guest room with kitchenette.
Facilities in place the property is connected and ready to enjoy
- Cable TV
- Safe is in the master bedroom (operated by a key)
- hot water available throughout the property (from solar and electic system)
- gardens are maturing and will eventually provide fruits in season ... limes/passion fruit/avocado....etc
Please contact The Grenadines Collection team to arrange a viewingWe look forward to welcoming you to this gorgeous, brand new property we dont believe in rushing viewings and at this property you will certainly be invited to take your time and enjoy the outstanding views - some of the best on
Bequia. Drive down to the best beaches Lower Bay / Princess Margaret beaches in just under 10 mins ... this is a
truly superbly positioned property.
On the North shore of admiralty Bay two local villages sit dreamily on the shore, here you can stroll in the road. On the south facing hillside there are uninterrupted commanding views of the whole bay all the way to West Cay. Down by the beach are the Model Boat Shops and Sail Makers lofts, some sandy bars with live music in the evenings and local rum shops. There is a wooden jetty & Tradewinds Marina with one of Bequia's great restaurants right by the water's edge.
The entire purchase process can be handled remotely from your country of residence.
Purchase costs are straightforward
- 5% Stamp Duty
- 6% ALHL - approximately
- Legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs. We can recommend reasonably priced legal services
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us - The Grenadines Collection. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval
by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties.
This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would
retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.
Full Support from our team through the purchase process through to securing rentals for your new property.
Full Service Real Estate Agency
Due to operating in a small island environment we cover many more services for our clients beyond the core transaction. We are here from start to finish of the process, and pride ourselves with a strong and long running relationship with our buyers, assisting in settling new owners into the island and their property. We are happy to assist with any part, from the handover, relocating, shipping, staffing, and continuing through our rental program.
We extend our full concierge services, and regularly handle all arrangements for potential purchasers visiting the islands for viewings - private or scheduled flights, transfers, accommodation, island briefings, tours and property viewings.
We arrange and lead viewings ensuring they are comfortable, relaxed and well timed. We provided detailed printed material and can photograph aspects of the property which are of particular interest to you, ensuring that all follow up material is focused for you.
From helping you find the right property, assisting in assessment & evaluation, advice on legal processes to various areas surrounding architecture, design, project management, property maintenance, management, and rental.