Mount Pleasant Admiralty Bay Side Parcel 3 Mount Pleasant, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 0.23 Acres
- 10194 Sq Ft
- FOR SALE
- Road Access
- Prime Location
- Stunning Views
0.23 Acre / 10,194 Sq Ft Hillside Plot Mount Pleasant, Bequia St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Available as a full 1 acre plot, or as individual sections of ~10,000 sq ft each - see plan for plots available. Note plots 1&2 are not available individually.
This 0.23 acre plot of land is perfect for the construction of a beautiful villa for private or rental use. The location is the quiet, peaceful residential area of Mount Pleasant on Bequia, known for it's friendly and welcoming community.
This Mount Pleasant plot has some of the best views on the island. With a wonderful elevated position it boasts astounding panoramic views, from Lower Bay Beach across Admiralty Bay and the Caribbean Ocean beyond.
Located centrally in Bequia's Mount Pleasant, it an easy drive to 3 of Bequia's most beautiful beaches - Lower Bay, Princess Margaret and Friendship Bay, and to the amenities in the harbour of Port Elizabeth. Due to the scale of the island no residential area is far from the boutique style hotels, bars and restaurants.
The plot would be a perfect position for the construction of a potentially lucrative vacation rental property. With the forthcoming arrival of the new airport in St.Vincent the influx of overseas visitors to the region is bound to increase providing a need for additional accommodations on the island.
A central hilly area, Mount Pleasant enjoys a perfect combination of breezy elevation, rolling landscape, and access down to the beaches on both the Atlantic and Caribbean side and to the harbour town of Port Elizabeth. A very civilized retreat to enjoy Bequia from. Traditionally home of the islanders with roots in the French settlers, this is a long established residential location often with breathaking panoramic views.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.