Crown Point Lot 6 Crescent Bay, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 0.54 Acres
- 23699 Sq Ft
- Perfect for Rental Villa
- FOR SALE
- Crescent Beach Location
- Ideal for villa construction
- Stunning ocean views
Crown Point Lot 6 Bequia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines Quiet, Residential Location
Crown Point is a quiet residential area on Bequia, close to 2 lovely palm fringed beaches, whilst also just a 7-10 minute drive from the harbour and the dive shops, bars and restaurants. This villa provides the ideal location for a relaxing vacation, close to the beach, quiet and cool but within walking distance of the main amenities on Bequia.
Crown Point is the hub of Bequias east coast, located on a central promontory, and an exclusive international residential area protected by a palm fringed coral reef.
Spring Bay Beach
Spring Bay Beach, a natural crescent beach fringed with mature palms is a few minutes away from the land.
<br> A delightful bay, fresh and quiet with perhaps the prettiest crescent shaped beach on the island. <br><br> A wonderful old beach bar nestles in the palm trees by the beach. Sharing the quiet qualities of Spring in a smaller brighter valley with astonishing views of Battowia and Baliceau. <br><br> This area has a coastal feel, smaller hillsides and fresher breezes. Just around the headland is Bequia's much loved Turtle Sanctuary where hatchlings are protected and released.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.