Ocean Ridge 1.3 Acres Crescent Bay, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1.3 Acres
- 56535 Sq Ft
- stroll to beach
- FOR SALE
- Ocean Ridge Estate
- Private Estate
- Elevated Ridge Location
- Gently Sloping
1.3 acres Lot 21 56,535 sq ft Location and Overview
Ocean Ridge Estates Bequia is a covenant-protected private residential estate set on a ridge between Crescent Beach and Park Bay, bounded on one side by a large tropical plantation and on the other by undeveloped government forestry land. It is in the North of Bequia in a quiet location with no through traffic, but still within easy access of the airport, dock and town.
Lot 21 has fabulous and extensive ocean views out over Spring Bay, with the Island of Mustique in the distance and across the valley to the hillsides of Bequia. The plot benefits from a great breeze, and the privacy and seclusion of this location would be an excellent advantage.
Infrastructure & Utilities
Ocean Ridge Estates has full infrastructure and utilities in place, consisting of concrete access roads, underground utilities of electric and telephone and water pipes in place in the eventuality a desalination plant is built.
There is great potential for building a fantastic property on either lot, in such an exceptional location. This could be for a personal home, or for creating a successful rental villa. There are great potential prospects for the latter option, since over the past few years Bequia has been developing a thriving rental industry. Either way, the Ocean Ridge plots make for a great opportunity, and an excellent investment.
Ocean Ridge Estates offers a protected island lifestyle on the small tropical Caribbean island of Bequia.
The owners are willing to offer a low interest mortgage to qualified buyers.
<br> A delightful bay, fresh and quiet with perhaps the prettiest crescent shaped beach on the island. <br><br> A wonderful old beach bar nestles in the palm trees by the beach. Sharing the quiet qualities of Spring in a smaller brighter valley with astonishing views of Battowia and Baliceau. <br><br> This area has a coastal feel, smaller hillsides and fresher breezes. Just around the headland is Bequia's much loved Turtle Sanctuary where hatchlings are protected and released.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.