St Hilaire Point 55 Acres Friendship Bay, BEQUIA, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 55 Acres
- 2395800 Sq Ft
- FOR SALE
- Full government support
- Development Planning permission
- Breathtakingly beautiful location
The location of this development land is at Saint Hilaire Point, forming the North East rim of Friendship Bay, on the South coast of Bequia.
The St Hilaire headland and Point overlooks the whole of Friendship Bay to the West, the islands of Petit Nevis and Isle a Quatre, the Southern Grenadines and Mustique to the South and South East and the islands of Battowia and Balliceaux windward. The bays and beaches of Friendship and Ravine are visible from each side of the headland.
The area available is 55 acres and includes a rugged windward coast, protecting Friendship Bay and a calm shore in the bay.
The low hills rise quite steeply from the shoreline. Vegetation varies from grassland to low scrub, with some mature trees on the bay side.
The development opportunity might include Marina (with breakwater), boutique hotel, villas, retail, restaurant and marine services, nature reserve and infrastructural elements, water management and power generation systems.
Natural Bay, Marine and Water Sports - Sail to Mustique
The natural bay environment means access by boat is a fun and convenient link. Mustique is a short sail away and Friendship is a large sheltered bay ideal for water sports. The Grenadines also offers some of the best scuba diving in the world.
International hub connections
Bequia Airport is a twenty minute drive, and 50 minutes from Barbados International hub airport.
Island hop from Bequia to Mustique, Canouan, The Tobago Cays and Palm Island
A short drive to the airstrip for your private plane, charter or scheduled flight. Island hop from Bequia to explore the other idyllic Grenadine Islands of Mustique, Canouan, Mayreau, The Tobago Cays, and Palm Island.
Hills encircle this fertile valley which opens to a beautifully long sweep of beach with southern views to Mustique and Bequia's southern Cays. Well connected by road to Admiralty Bay over the ridge. Friendship Bay enjoys a quietly established atmosphere with a great blend of local character and world class accommodation on this protected palm fringed bay. Hillside properties enjoy spectacular views accross the bay and out over the Caribbean Sea to the Atlantic Ocean beyond Mustique or to the Southern Grenadines beyond Isle a Quatre. There is an international restaurant on the beach and local roadside bars. Look for local working boats pulled up on the beach or anchored in this sheltered bay.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.