Hope Estate Lot E Hope Bay, BEQUIA, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 9.39 Acres
- 409459 Sq Ft
- Coastal views
- FOR SALE
- Private historic estate
- Quiet exclusive location
- Large Gently Sloping Lot
- Coastal }
- Gently Sloping
Lot E Hope Estate Bequia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines US$400,000 Approximately 409,459 Square Feet 9.39 Acres
A substantial, gently sloping, parcel of land with a large flat area on a shoulder; perfect for building a large, high quality, residence. Stunning coastal, bay and ocean views throughout, and rich tropical woodland cover the large lot.
Private Exclusive Estate
Hope Estate is a privately owned estate of 90 acres, with views across Paradise to Anse La Coite Beach and Crescent bay beyond with ocean views to the islands of Balliceaux and Battowia
These large areas of indigenous woodland estate offer wonderful tranquility and exclusive privacy.
Road & Utilities Improvements
Lots E, F & G (See Plan) are not currently served by road or utilities improvements (Lots 6 to 14 are accessed by a quiet private lane running along Paradise Ridge). If a buyer puts in suitable road and utilities for the benefit of Lots E, F & G, they will be reimbursed up to US$75,000 upon completion.
The land slopes gently from this headland ridge all the way down to the coast far below and offers unmatched privacy and prospect.
Intelligent, well considered development controls are in place to ensure the continued quality and ambiance of Hope Estate
This vast area of natural woodland includes the following - White Cedar, Cinnamon, Wild Cherry, Mapou, Loblolly, Wild Frangipani, Gum Tree, Flamboyant, Chack Chack, shrubs and bushes.
Above Bequia's remote surf beach this headland faces out to the Atlantic. Broad, green and wooded hillsides with wonderfully cooling breezes and ocean views across the rugged islands of Balliceau, Battowia and south to Mustique. This is the location of choice for established islanders who enjoy the sunrise, elevation, peace and quiet and cool breezes.
The entire process can be handled remotely - i.e while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.