Spring Estate Lot 2 Spring, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 0.72 Acres
- 31377 Sq Ft
- Near Beachfront
- FOR SALE
- Spring Bay Views
- Perfect Elevation Close to Beach
- Residential Spring Estate
- Gently Sloping
Spring Estate Lot 2 Bequia St. Vincent & the Grenadines
31,377 sq ft 0.72 acres
An Ideal Location
Located in the highly sought after Spring Estate on Bequia's East coast, Lot 2 is just 400 feet from the beach at Spring Bay. The relatively flat / gently sloping land offers elevated views over Spring Bay and a prime plot for building.
Spring Estate is very private, safe and only 5/10 minutes drive into Port Elizabeth.
The views are uninterrupted over the Plantation and palm fringed beach to the coral reef protected bay and the outer islands of Battowia and Balliceaux just north of Mustique.
Deeded Beach Access
Beach access is deeded for all the exclusive properties on Spring Estate where natural green belt woodland and a scattering of international villas command the whole of Spring valley to the sea. Firefly Mustique have acquired the nearby boutique hotel, now Firefly Bequia.
Location on Bequia
There are two gorgeous beaches nearby - Spring, directly in front of the plot and Crescent, just around the headland. The harbour town of Port Elizabeth is one mile away over the ridge to the west.
Infrastructure in Place
The plot includes infrastructure - concrete access road, electricity, telephone services.
A quiet international community of independent villas on the hillsides of this green and peaceful valley. The boutique Firefly Hotel, and old sugar mill is located here. The old tall Coconut palms run down to the coral sand beach facing the ocean. Completely away from the Harbour but astonishingly close for a visit for shops, restaurants and the bustle of island life.
Purchasing land in a foreign country can seem like a daunting task. We are here from start to finish of the process, and pride ourselves with a strong relationship with previous buyers, assisting in settling new owners into the island and their property. We are happy to assist with any part, from the handover, relocating, shipping, staffing, and continuing through our rental program.
We extend our full concierge services, and regularly handle all arrangements for potential purchasers visiting the islands for viewings - private or scheduled flights, transfers, accommodation, island briefings, tours and property viewings.
We arrange and lead viewings ensuring they are comfortable, relaxed and well timed. We provided detailed printed material and can photograph aspects of the property which are of particular interest to you, ensuring that all follow up material is focused for you.
From helping you find the right property, assisting in assessment & evaluation, advice on legal processes to various areas surrounding architecture, design, project management, property maintenance, management, and rental.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.