Hope Lodge Mount Pleasant, Bequia, The Grenadines
- All Photos
- FOR SALE
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- 3.5 Acres
- 152460 Sq Ft
- 42 ft Infinity pool
- Large entertaining lodge
- 4 Separate lodges provide privacy for the 6 double bedrooms & bathrooms
- 11,232 sq. ft. of buildings in all
- Overlooking Hope Bay beach & peninsula }
- Landscaped gardens & mature trees - Level land
- Excellent rental potential - Furniture by separate negotiation
- Online Viewing By Request
Stunning Caribbean HideawayLuxurious Hillside Estate with a footpath down to the sandy Hope Beach. Large entertaining Lodge, 2 Master Lodges, Guest Lodge, Family Lodge, Staff House & infinity pool with ocean views over the lovely Hope beach to the Atlantic the property enjoys cooling trade-wind breezes.
Constructed in 2011 with expansive views, verandas and 3.5 acres grounds with beautifully landscaped gardens.
Hope Lodge offers total privacy and seclusion and is an exceptional property. One of the largest properties on Bequia with 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms guests are accommodated in lodges:
- Great Lodge comprising huge reception room, bar area, sitting room, kitchen & cloakroom
- Two Master Lodges each with bedroom, bathroom, dressing room & sitting room
- Guest Lodge with bedroom, dressing room & bathroom
- Family Lodge of three bedrooms & three bathrooms
- Staff Lodge of two bedrooms, shower room & sitting room
- Direct access to Hope Bay beach via a natural path
A central hilly area, Mount Pleasant enjoys a perfect combination of breezy elevation, rolling landscape, and access down to the beaches on both the Atlantic and Caribbean side and to the harbour town of Port Elizabeth. A very civilized retreat to enjoy Bequia from. Traditionally home of the islanders with roots in the French settlers, this is a long established residential location often with breathaking panoramic views.
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for
approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both
parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you
would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.