Spring Estate Lot 57 Spring, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 0.78 Acres
- 1/2 mile Spring Beach
- FOR SALE
- Sought After Location
- Panoramic Views
- Infrastructure In Place
Lot 57 Spring Estate, Bequia St. Vincent & the Grenadines 33,765 sq ft 0.78 Acre Desired Estate Location
Lot 57 is a gently sloping large plot occupying the perfect hillside location; elevated with stunning panoramic views over the valley, bay and ocean, and with a cooling, gentle sea breeze.
Spring Estate is a long established private estate - completely tranquil with a scattering of high quality villas along the quiet lanes - a highly sought after location.
A mile away over the ridge is the bustling Port Elizabeth, shops, waterfront restaurants and Admiralty Bay one of the best harbours in the Antilles and a favourite for yachts from around the world.
Infrastructure in Place
Lot 57 Includes infrastructure - access road, electricity and telephone services. Individual properties provide their own water reservoir by rain catchment.
Lot 55 Also Available
The lot just South of this plot is also available for sale; at 43,199 square feet the combination of the two lots would create an impressive 1.8 acre property, and would allow access to both the upper and lower roads.
Lot 55 also has approved planning permission for a 2 bed villa.
Stunning panoramic Views
The views are completely uninterrupted over the Plantation and palm fringed beach to the coral reef protected Spring Bay and the outer islands of Battowia and Balliceaux over the Caribbean Sea, just north of Mustique.
There are two gorgeous beaches - Spring and Crescent, often completely free of people; the fringing coral reefs and calm bay are a protected marine environment.
Beach access is deeded for all the exclusive properties on Spring Estate where natural green belt woodland and a scattering of international villas command the whole of Spring valley to the sea.
Firefly Mustique have acquired the nearby boutique hotel, now Firefly Bequia. The boutique Firefly Hotel Bequia is tucked into the hillside below to the South. The estate plantation and coconut palms cover the valley floor to the coral sand shore and beach.
A quiet international community of independent villas on the hillsides of this green and peaceful valley. The boutique Firefly Hotel, and old sugar mill is located here. The old tall Coconut palms run down to the coral sand beach facing the ocean. Completely away from the Harbour but astonishingly close for a visit for shops, restaurants and the bustle of island life.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.