Belmont House Belmont, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1.77 Acres
- 77228 Sq Ft
- FOR SALE
- Classic spacious comfortable Caribbean living
- Perfect for a pool
- nearly 2 acres 1.77acres of prime belmont land
- Wonderful Harbour views across Lower Bay to West Cay }
Belmont House Belmont, Bequia St. Vincent & the Grenadines 1.79 Acres of Prime Residential Belmont Land
A beautiful classic villa set in over an acre of lovely mature grounds, designed with Caribbean living in mind by an Italian architect. Belmont House is discreetly located in an established area of Bequia with no building developments within range.
The property boasts wonderful views over Admiralty Bay from lovely verandas - large living spaces and airy bedrooms. A two roomed guest cottage is set to the side of the main house with its own splendid balcony. The property has plenty of room for a lovely pool within the grounds.
- Land with House : 37,902 sq. ft
- Driveway: 9,171 sq. ft
- Additional plot of 31,155 sq ft adjacent to the house
- Total of 78,228 sq ft.
- One main bedroom in the main house - en suite
- Guest cottage with two bedrooms and central shared en suite washroom
- Kitchen with open plan dining area and central large lounge.
- Lovely full veranda.
Built on a large lot on a private drive, this 3,800SF (2,400 enclosed) 3-bedroom, 3-bath house in Belmont, Bequia (St. Vincent and the Grenadines), is perfect for a couple who want a secluded, peaceful haven and easy access to town, leeward beaches, and the Belmont Walkway restaurants.
Italian architect Mario Spinella, who also designed the Gingerbread Hotel, created a layout that's as sought after as it is hard to find in Bequia: a spacious one level owner's compound with drive access, and a two bedroomed cottage for guests, office or studio space on the hillside just above.
To maximize charm, privacy, breeze and harbor views, the main level is built as three characteristic Caribbean cottage-style buildings connected by verandas and covered walkways. This level includes living room, dining room, kitchen, front and rear verandas, courtyard, guest bathroom, and laundry room, in addition to the master suite with office, en suite bath and walk in dressing room. The total covered space on this level is 2,840SF, with 1,760 SF enclosed.
Down a short stairway under a picturesque bridge is a large, level garden mature with various fruit trees including Mango.There is room to build a swimming pool here.
There may be an opportunity to purchase the neighboring land to further increase the grounds. This is a wonderful opportunity to acquire perhaps the prime Belmont residence.
A central location on the island this is an established area above the Belmont Waterfront Walkway. The shore side is a relaxing and social area with sandy restaurants...yachts at anchor... children playing...a friendly fun area. Home to Bequia's longest established Hotels,the Frangipani the Whaleboner and the Gingerbread. There are small wooden jetties and its the place to stroll along the shore to Port Elizabeth or past the Dive shops to Princess Margaret Beach just over the headland. Houses and villas here enjoy panoramic views over Admiralty Bay, the finest harbour in the Windwards with visiting yachts form all over the world. The sunsets are breathtaking.
Purchasing land in a foreign country can seem like a daunting task. We are here from start to finish of the process, and pride ourselves with a strong relationship with previous buyers, assisting in settling new owners into the island and their property. We are happy to assist with any part, from the handover, relocating, shipping, staffing, and continuing through our rental program.
We extend our full concierge services, and regularly handle all arrangements for potential purchasers visiting the islands for viewings - private or scheduled flights, transfers, accommodation, island briefings, tours and property viewings.
We arrange and lead viewings ensuring they are comfortable, relaxed and well timed. We provided detailed printed material and can photograph aspects of the property which are of particular interest to you, ensuring that all follow up material is focused for you.
From helping you find the right property, assisting in assessment & evaluation, advice on legal processes to various areas surrounding architecture, design, project management, property maintenance, management, and rental.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.