Crown Point GR990 Plot 5 Crown Point, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 0.18 Acres
- 7996 Sq Ft
- FOR SALE
- Close to Crescent Bay Beach
- Recently Cleared by Owner
- Excellent Access
7,996 sq ft 0.18 acres Excellent location
This excellent lot has flat tropical forest land, with palm trees and a wonderful sense of tranquility. It is situated in the heart of this quiet peaceful and exclusive area, and there is great potential here to create a stunning private home to match the stunning surroundings. The beach is a mere 175 yards away, and this lot is also just a short drive from bars, restaurants and local shops, as well as Bequia's airport, which is approximately a 15 minute drive from this location.
This sale includes infrastructure - there is road power and cable laid in underground, and also included is existing planning permission for one dwelling. This is the ideal spot for your Bequia base, and a great opportunity to have your own slice or paradise.
Crown Point is the hub of Bequias east coast, located on a central promontory, and an exclusive international residential area protected by a palm fringed coral reef
We extend our full concierge services, and regularly handle all arrangements for potential purchasers visiting the islands for viewings - private or scheduled flights, transfers, accommodation, island briefings, tours and property viewings.
We arrange and lead viewings ensuring they are comfortable, relaxed and well timed. We provided detailed printed material and can photograph aspects of the property which are of particular interest to you, ensuring that all follow up material is focused for you.
From helping you find the right property, assisting in assessment & evaluation, advice on legal processes to
General Purchase Procedure:
1. Prepare your documents for Alien Land Holders License (ALHL)
2. Appoint a local Lawyer and provide them with your ALHL documentation
3. Lawyer prepares ALHL application details in readiness.
4. Find the property you like.
5. Pre arrange with your bank for placement of a 10% deposit.
6. Agree to purchase
7. Sign Agreement of Sale contract and deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title) or if the ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
8. The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property.
9. ALHL is issued.
10. Complete the purchase (your lawyer and the vendor's lawyer provide deeds of conveyance and you deposit the balance of purchase price).
11. At this point the property is yours.
Alien Land Holders License (ALHL)
If a foreign national you must obtain an Alien Land Holders License from the Government. This is applied for at the time of agreement of purchase, and on payment of the deposit. The License is specific to the property and non-transferable.
An Alien Land Holders License is applied for through a local attorney, and the following details are required:
• Date and place of birth
• Copy of passport
• Bank reference
• Police certificate of clear record
• Address, current and for previous 5 years
• Marital status
Upon filling the application a fee of $931,306US will need to be paid to the St. Vincent Government, and the application takes approximately 10 to 14 weeks to be processed.
Once granted, the license is officially registered, requiring the following costs:
There is also an annual charge of $2,500EC for holding the License.
Purchaser stamp duty is 5% of the property value and is paid on registration of the title deed. The property value is determined by the government and is usually a little higher than the purchase price; unfortunately it is not possible to have a valuation prior to sale.
The St. Vincent & the Grenadines Bar Association regulate the amount Lawyers can charge. Legal Fees for Properties $18,750US and above are:
$576US +1.5% of value in excess of $18,750US. The Lawyers fee for ALHL application is $465US
The cost of registering the title deed is $15US for the first $5,586US of sales price + $0.93US per $372US thereafter.
(Note all prices stated are rounded & based on the standard exchange rate: $2.68EC = $1.00US. This is a fixed rate, but may occasionally vary slightly)
Estate Agency Fees
Real estate fees are borne entirely by the vendor - no cost to you for our services which include provision of assistance through to completion - we work closely with architects, lawyers so we can provide recommendations and we provide complimentary office services for clients on island - communications are important to facilitate a successful purchase.