Villa Kay Bois Marigot Bay, St Lucia, St Lucia
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 0.59 Acres
- 4015 Sq Ft
- Infinity Pool
- FOR SALE
- Stunning Marigot Bay Views
- Infinity Pool
- Marigot Bay Views }
5 Bedroom Villa Land Area: 25,842 Sq Ft Property Area: 4,015 Sq Ft
Situated in the rainforest overlooking Marigot Bay, famously known as the most beautiful bay in the Caribbean, Villa Kay Bois is a well-appointed 5 bedroom home, spread over three levels, sitting perfectly on landscaped, secure grounds.
Nestled amongst lush greenery in an elevated position Villa Kay Bois overlooks the turquoise blue waters of Marigot Bay and benefits from the cool Caribbean breeze. The spacious pool deck or any of the individual bedroom verandas are ideal to relax and simply take in the wide ranging panoramic views.
The villa, completed in 2007, sits on three quarters of an acre, which supports an impressive amount of fruit trees and flowering shrubs.
Made predominantly out of greenheart & purpleheart hardwood and with foundations and lower floor of concrete and steel. The design and placement of the villa takes full advantage of the prevailing winds.
The entire property is maintained in very good condition, and furnishings are light, allowing a new owner to add pieces that reflect his/her personality and style.
The open plan sitting room, dining room and kitchen is an attractive feature which lends itself to the outside living on the wide balconies where one can eat and relax.
There are four bedrooms, the master has an en suite bathroom , walk in wardrobe and is surrounded on two sides by verandas The two other upstairs double bedrooms share a Jack and Jill bathroom. One has a balcony facing the sea. There is also a large store room/ single bedroom on the upper floor.
A large bedroom on the ground floor was designed for live-in staff but has been used as a recreation room/ overflow room with bunk beds for visiting youngsters. This lower floor also houses a laundry room and workshop. There is a restroom on the middle floor and ground floor and an outside pool shower.
- 3 floors
- 5 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Monitored Alarm
The entrance to the villa is along a quiet wooded road. The property is fenced throughout with electric gates for easy access. The gardens have retained the feel of the rainforest with many large bearded trees providing shade and beauty. There are numerous fruit trees including mango, papaya, guava, lime, grapefruit, avocado and starfruit. Much of the upper garden was planted with flowering shrubs , chosen for their evening scent.
- Swimming Pool
- 20000 gal water tank
- Standby Generator
- Outside shower
- Parking for 3 cars
- sun deck
- Fruit trees
Perfect Location on St Lucia
Marigot Bay sits midway down the western coast of St Lucia. During the winter months it is alive with visiting yachtsmen and tourists which benefit the local bars and restaurants. The Bay supports a beautiful five star hotel, several smaller guest houses and a dive resort hotel. It is a port of entry, so customs, immigration and a police station is available.
There is often live music to be found and an abundance of places that sell fresh seafood and great cocktails. In the bay is a small supermarket, bakery, café, bank and gift shops.
A few miles away are the larger supermarkets and the capital city is a fifteen minute drive, as is the private hospital. The neighbours are a mixture of Europeans, Americans, Canadians and of course Lucians. It is a close, friendly and welcoming community.
- 5 Star resort
- Exclusive Marina
- 45 mins from airport
- Local supermarket
- Bakery / Café
- 15 mins to Pvt Hosp.
Property Summary Exterior - Grounds
- Mature gardens with blooming flowers and fruit trees
- Fully fenced and gated, with alarm/security system installed
- Oval shaped, infinity-edged private pool
- Pump operated water storage tank and treatment plant + solar water heater
- Generator installed, making the house energy independent
- Views directly overlooking Marigot Bay
Interior – Kitchen, Dining and Living
- Spacious kitchen with functional layout and granite on the countertops and Island.
- Finished with greenheart and purple-heart trim and window frames
- Double stainless steel sinks, and all stainless-steel appliances
- Multiple wood-framed double windows for ample light
- Open dining area with wooden eight seater dining table and chairs
- Spacious living room opens onto large veranda via a set of double doors, with the pool
- deck a further step down
- Plush leather sofa set, matching hardwood console and complementary decor
Bedrooms #1 and 2
- Fits a double or queen-sized bed, with 2 side tables
- Built-in closets + Ceiling Fans
- Jack & Jill bathroom, with shower and double vanity
- Bedroom #1 – Patio with sea-views and Bedroom #2 – Double windows with countryside views
- Fits king-sized bed, with 2 side tables
- Large walk-in closet + Ceiling Fans
- Opens out to private patio with countryside and Marigot Bay views
- Large en suite bathroom, with shower and double vanity
Marigot Bay is located on the western coast of the Caribbean island of Saint Lucia, 3.75 miles southwest from the Castries close to the Saint Lucian National Marine Reserve. The bay is a historic landmark, having been the site of a number of battles between the French and British navies. Surrounded on three sides by steep, forested hills. The inland portion of the bay forms a hurricane hole, used to shelter boats from hurricanes. The popular film location destination and described by the American novelist, James A. Michener as the "The most beautiful bay in the Caribbean."
Buying a property in St.Lucia where there is a tax haven with no VAT, no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and no estate tax makes a great deal of sense. St.Lucia is one of the worlds top destinations for weddings and honeymoons making a holiday rental property potentially lucrative. St.Lucia has really embraced the worldwide taste for health spas with the first St.Lucia Health & Wellness Retreat, supported by the government and private businesses, being established and opening soon on the island. Being one of the most accessible islands in the region with the lowest crime rate St.Lucias affordable properties offer an ideal opportunity for investment. Comparable in many ways to neighbouring Barbados but with house prices ranging from 40-60% lower this beautiful island should not be overlooked as an investment opportunity.
With a total land area of just 620 sq miles St.Lucia, often called "The Helen of the West Indies" because of its natural beauty, sits in the ocean like a shimmering jewel. Pristine white sandy beaches, tropical forest populated by rainbow-plumed birds and acres of orchards filled with sweet smelling tropical fruits such as mango, papaya and banana are crowned by the islands twin peaks the Gros & Petit Pitons.
How to buy St Lucia property
There are certain rules and regulations you must comply with as a non domicile of St Lucia in order to purchase a St Lucia property. For instance, you will need to apply for an Alien Landholding Licence. Generally the cost of purchasing a property on St Lucia will come out at between 6-8% on top of the purchase price. This will cover stamp duty, the Alien Landholding Licence, Treasury receipt, legal costs and registration fees. If you are taking out a mortgage, lenders tend to charge a set-up fee.
Alien Landholding Licence
Foreigners must apply to the Ministry of Planning for an Alien Landholding Licence which costs EC$1,500, is non-refundable and does not need renewing. The process takes up to 16 weeks as the application is vetted by the Physical Planning Office of the Ministry of Physical Development, Environment & Housing, approved by the Prime Ministers Office and finally by the Office of the Attorney General.
appointed lawyer will make the application for the Alien Landholding
Licence on your behalf. Along with your completed application you will
need to provide the lawyer with the following information:
• Certificate of character for each applicant (from your local police station)
• A bank reference
• A copy of your passport data page
Full set of fingerprints (from your local police station)
• 4 passport size pictures of each applicant
• Full details of the proposed property or land purchase (including a survey plan and land register of the property (from the Vendor) and a value assessment of the land or property (although the value assessment may not be necessary
• Receipt proving payment of application fee
• Initial approval from the Development Control Authority (this may not be necessary.
In addition to the application fee for the Alien Landholding Licence, the
following fees are applicable depending on the land area of your
Land Area (in acres)/ Price (in EC$)
Under 1 $5000
1-10 / $10,000
10-20 / $20,000
20-50 / $30,000
50-100 / $40,000
100+ / $50,000