Bequia Estate Plot 3 Bequia Estates, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 0.65 Acres
- 28157 Sq Ft
- Prime location
- FOR SALE
- Ridgetop and Hillside
- Private road
- Incredible views
- Central location
Bequia Estates, Plot 3 Bequia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines 28,157 sq ft 0.65 acres 2616 sq metres Oldest, Private Estates on Bequia
The entire estate is private and residential, accessed by private road from the Port Elizabeth road above Princess Margaret Beach.
Elevated, hillside location
Plot 3 is located at the Southern tip of Bequia Estates, with views of both sides of the Island; Lower Bay & Friendship Bay, and enjoys both the sunrise & sunset. A gently sloping plot at the center of the ridge.
The area is Richmond and the land is natural woodland, sloping and breezy with exceptional views on the leeward side of the island, beautiful sunsets, and the élévation provides comfortable breeze and a cool peaceful environment. These plots provide the perfect location for a residential or vacation rental villa.
Lots to Choose from...
Large individual lots are being sold by the family for individual residences. This is one of Bequia's most respected locations, and the lots have amazing potential, demonstrated by the existing properties on neighbouring lots, which are beyond the 2M USD mark. The lots have stunning natural greenery and sloping woodland, adding to the wonderful sense of tranquility that this private estate holds. This mark represents a terrific investment, and would make the perfect base for an amazing private home, or rental villa.
Bequia Estates is one of the oldest estates on Bequia. Located in an elevated hillside position high above the famous Princess Margaret Beach to the West, and Friendship Bay to the East. The entire estate is private and residential, accessed from the Port Elizabeth road above Princess Margaret Beach. A lovely peaceful estate with a collection of residential villas. Bequia's best beaches are just a few minutes drive away, only a 10 minute drive from here to the ferry dock and shops of Port Elizabeth, and 20 minutes to the local airport.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.