Coastal Ridgetop land 1 Acre Baie de Sucre, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Acres
- 45002 Sq Ft
- Stroll to beach
- FOR SALE
- Approved planning permission
- 1 to 1.6 acre lots available
- Road and electricity laid in
Beachfront, Hillside and Ridge top Land Adams Bay, Bequia St. Vincent & The Grenadines Island Beachfront Location
A real sense of place in stunning surroundings on a beautiful natural bay. Situated 15 minutes from Port Elizabeth, on Bequia's south western peninsula, this beachfront estate offers long ocean views over the white sand beach, the calm bay and the glorious Grenadine islands in the turquoise Caribbean Sea.
Land available - Beachfront, Hillside & Ridge top
The 30 acre estate offers only eleven 1/2 acre lots on the beach with direct access to the gorgeous 1600 ft palm fringed coral sand beach, 3/4 acre Hillside lots only 100 yards from the beach and breathtaking 1 1/2 acre ridge top locations overlooking the whole bay and only 200 yards from the beach. Each lot has been carefully surveyed and offers siting to appreciate the stunning views beyond, over the white sand beach and aqua blue ocean.
Planning permission is approved for each lot and the estate provides high quality road , with underground electricity supply and services laid in.
Natural bay, Marine and Water Sports - Sail to Mustique
The natural bay and perfect beach environment means access by boat is a fun and convenient link to Admiralty Bay and Port Elizabeth. Mustique is a short sail away and the islands of Isle a Quatre and Petit Nevis create a large sheltered bay ideal for water sports. The Grenadines also offers some of the best scuba diving in the world.
International hub connections
Only a short 50 minute flight from the international hub airport of Barbados, Bequia's airstrip is only a five minute drive away.
Island hop from Bequia to Mustique, Canouan, The Tobago Cays and Palm Island
The estate is providing the stone coastal road to the local villages of Gelliceaux and Paget Farm - providing direct access to the airstrip for your private plane, charter or scheduled flight. Island hop from Bequia to explore the other idyllic Grenadine Islands - Mustique, Canouan, Mayreau, The Tobago Cays, and Palm Island
Private estate quality controls
Careful covenants are designed to protect both the quality of the estate and Adams Bay with design and materials selection, and with construction methods adapted to the environment.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.