The Liming Luxury Beachfront Cottage 1 Bed Adams Bay, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 1 Bedroom
- 2 Bathrooms
- 0 Acres
- 600 Sq Ft
- FOR SALE
- Footsteps to ocean
- 1 Bedroom New Construction
- Beach Acess on Private Exclusive Estate
- Ideal Rental Property
The Liming Bequia Luxury Resort
The Liming, Bequia offers the ultimate in luxury accommodation and hospitality services. Comprising of just 39 one and two bedroom Beach Cottages, 6 Beach Villas and a very select number of four or five-bedroom Ridge and Ridge Top Villas. These properties have been designed by renowned Mustique Architect Thomas Dehen.
In addition to a stunning beach with glorious conditions for swimming and snorkelling, there is a unique Island Beach Restaurant and Bar with Pool and Beachfront Terrace.
The Grenadines is one of the best places in the world to enjoy sailing and The Liming, Bequia is an ideal base for exploring the surrounding water or enjoying day trips to nearby islands of Mustique, the Tobago Cays, Mayreau, Canouan and Petit St Vincent.
The tiny island of Bequia, has a unique, magical charm that is hard to find anywhere else in the Caribbean. With fewer than 6,000 inhabitants, it instantly feels like home. Friendliness is the watchword; the pace is relaxed. Don't be surprised if you are greeted with a warm hello. Bequians have been eagerly welcoming visitors to their shores for generations.
Bequia fulfils many dreams of the perfect small Caribbean island: beautiful sandy beaches, lush green hillsides, attractive little villages, intimate guest houses, hardly any traffic, and places in which to find that perfect solitude.
The beachfront cottages enjoy The Liming Resort complimentary services and leisure facilities including:
- A beautiful beach and swimming area with direct access for all villa owners
- A marina for yachting, fishing and water sport activities
- A boutique hotel with spa, restaurant, bar, and villa servicing
- Resort reception and kids club
- Exclusive island bar and restaurant
- Tennis club
- Beach cottages can be entered into 5 Star Boutique Hotel inventory
- 4 weeks free usage
- 50% of Net operating Income based on ADR of US$500 per night
- No annual maintenance or landscaping fees if in hotel inventory
Fixtures & Fittings
- Fully fitted handmade kitchen (to be installed)
- handmade painted windows and doors
- Quality Bathrooms featuring white sanitary ware with chrome taps with handmade cabinets
- Natural coral stone floor tiles
- Swimming Pool
- Mains electricity UK240V and US220V plug points
- Cable TV and Wifi
- Air conditioning to Bedrooms
- Private water supply and Storage
- 24 hour Security and Gated entrance
- Beach and Facilities
- Swimming Pool and Terrace
- Full hotel restaurant and spa facilities
Bespoke design and build options are available with tax incentives & up to 70% mortgages.
Adams Bay enjoys a super streatch of white sand beach a fresh breeze and superb views out to the offlying islands of Bequia and to Mustique beyond. Sharing the striking rocky Peninsular with Moonhole. This location is memorable and lies closer with easy access to the rest of the island and the airport.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.