Queensberry Point Land Union Island, UNION ISLAND, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 3.87 Acres
- 168522 Sq Ft
- Sandy Beachfront
- FOR SALE
- Sandy Beachfront from Corner of Plot
- World Class Kitesurfing
- Beach Access Corner of Plot
- Boutique Hotel, Bars & Restaurants
Beachfront Land - Queensberry Point, Campbell, Union Island St. Vincent & the Grenadines $7.00USD / Sq Ft Coral White Sand Beaches
This 3.87 acre plot on Union's southern coast is available in total or in separate parcels of land (See Plans). Located on the Queensberry peninsular in Campbell, Union Island, one corner of the plot is beachfront land while the rest of the plot is steps away from white coral sand beaches on both sides.
Crystal Clear Waters
The largest expanse of offshore barrier reefs lie off the southern coast extending from Queensberry Point, out around Frigate Island and eastwards to Clifton Harbour. This offers a huge amount of protection, creating beautifully calm, clear turquoise waters. Facing south with views of the islands of Petit St.Vincent, Martinique, Carriacou and Grenada.
The beaches on Union are world famous with stunning protective reefs encircling the island.
Perfect Climate: kitesurfing, Sailing & Diving
Union offers the perfect climate with bays and stretches of ocean ideal for the increasingly popular kitesurfing. There is already a hotel on island with a kitesurfing school offering tuition and hosting kitesurfing events.
Union: Close to Tobago Cays
Union Island is the perfect starting point to explore the Grenadines, as it is within great proximity of other locations including Palm Island, Mayreau, the the world famous Tobago Cays and Grenada. This island is natural with a rugged charm, with pristine beaches and still largely untouched. There is also a small airport which makes travel fairly simple.
Union: Perfect Island Escape
Union Island is populated by around 3000 inhabitants primarily divided between the 2 towns of Clifton and Ashton. The volcanic landscape offers gentle hills partially covered in vegetation surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches. Union Island has a small clinic, several bars, restaurants, hotels and public internet access at Clifton Harbour. The new airport on St.Vincent, due to be completed late 2015, will increase the volume of visitors to the nearby Cays and Union too.
Viewings Highly Recommended
We would highly recommend viewing these 4 acres of beachfront and would be very happy to arrange a viewing to suit your schedule. There are direct flights available from St.Vincent to Union, we would be happy to arrange these for you. Simply contact our team to arrange flights, accommodation & viewing schedule.
The light is especially bright and clear on Union Island - surrounded by shallow crystal clear reef protected waters and with a magnificent anchorage at Clifton. This is a super stop for yachts and day guests too - flying into the small landing strip is a super experience. Union has some lovely restaurants and great local spirit. One local has even built his own island 'Happy Island' and you can join him for a tasty BBQ. The Tobago Cays are only a short sail away and from Union the other southern Grenadine islands are easily explored...Mayreau...Palm Island... Mopion...Petit St Vincent...Petit Martinique and Carriacou.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.