Villa View Guest House Villa & Indian Bay, ST. VINCENT, Saint Vincent
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 0.18 Acres
- FOR SALE
- Functioning Currenty Rented
- Premier Location on St VIncent
- Overlooking Villa Valley to Ocean
Summary of Villa View Guest House
Large solid building, semi furnished, containing 8 individual self-contained rental apartments, located in Villa on the island of St. Vincent. Currently a rental property, with a steady flow of guests.
8 Apartments Spread Over 3 Levels
Top level 1 x three bedroom self contained apartment. Middle level 3 x two bedrooms self contained apartments Ground /floor level 2 x one bedroom, self contained studio flats each with small kitchen & bathroom. 1 x two bedrooms apartment 1 x one bedroom apartment
There are several balconies & 1 large balcony with views over the valley and ocean beyond.
In addition to the apartments, there are 2 storage sheds and a laundry room on site.
Good parking / turning space - large flat concrete yard adjacent to main building with parking for at least 8/10 cars.
Villa, St Vincent
A popular tourist area, where most of the Hotels are located - close to Young Island.
5 minutes drive to beach for the property, & 7 minutes drive from Arnos Vale airport & shops.
Primarily over the Villa valley with ocean views in the distance.
Total Plot & House Square Footage
Plot: 7,958 sq ft Building Size: S/Floor @ 1,866 square foot F/Floor @ 1,767 square foot G/Floor @ 1,326 square foot
Walls: Concrete Roofing: Galvanised sheets Ceilings: Closed / exposed beams Floors: Mostly tiled flooring, some bedrooms have laminated wooden floor.
5-10 mins out of Arnos Vale taking windward highway en route to Villa. Turning left taking the Rosewood Gym / Apartments road off the main just before reaching the chain of hotels/restaurants in Villa. Continue straight to right turn down quite a steep hill - has a sign "Villa View" / no through road - property is at the end
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.