Queens Villa Cane Hall, ST. VINCENT, Saint Vincent
- 6 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- 0.62 Acres
- 27077 Sq Ft
- 16x20ft Pool
- FOR SALE
- Close to 2 beaches
- ALL REASONABLE OFFERS CONSIDERED
- Efficient Solar & Main Grid Power
- Constructed in 2005 to High Spec
3034 sq ft Land 27.077 sq ft Close to Beaches, Town & Airport
- 10 mins drive to Indian Bay Beach & Villa Beach
- 15 mins drive to Kingstown
Unique Opportunity on St.Vincent
This property has become available due to an unexpected change in the owners situation and is therefore available at this appealing price and well worth viewing. There are 4 large bedrooms in the main house and 2 separate self contained studios available on the lower pool deck level.
The upper level is the main house and contains:
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Dining room
- Entertainment room
The lower level contains 2 self contained studio apartments and a pool deck
New Airport Opportunity
The new airport is under construction in the Argyle area of St.Vincent and is due to open in 2016 when there will be a greater influx of visitors to the island. Renting Queens Villa as a long or short term option for either tourists or airport staff would be an opportunity worth considering for the prospective owner.
Reduced Electricity Charges
Queens Villa generates solar energy which when combined with the main grid for electricity results in considerably reduced bills. The monthly charge ranges from approx. 5-50EC$ each month. Prior to installation of solar energy the monthly bills ranged from 1200 – 1500 EC$ monthly
Secure Residential Location
Cane Hall is a residential district close to the existing international airport. As part of the recent refurbishments the owner has installed a new security system.
Completely Renovated During Last 18 Months
This property was built in 2005 and completely refurbished in the last 16 months:
- Lower apartment completely re-done
- Extra self-contained studio apartment added
- Parking lot with steel gate added to accommodate 2 cars
- Retaining walls added to front of property
- Prefabricated back wall built
- Majority of flooring throughout replaced with porcelain tiles
- Security system added
- Entire property painted inside and out
- Pond added with water sprinkling feature
- Outside security lighting added
- Bathroom Renovated
Private Pool & Terraces
The pool was added to the property 6 years ago and has steps down from one corner and is surrounded by a stone deck. The pool is 16 x 20 ft and has a depth ranging from 4ft shallow end to 6ft at its deep end.
The garden has been landscaped and features tropical fruits including
Mango, coconuts, plumrose, wax apples and bananas. There is also a sprinkler system that has been added to the garden in the recent refurbishment.
Some Furniture Included
The owner is selling the property including some furniture and kitchen appliances
Modern Fitted Kitchen with US Style Appliances
The light and spacious kitchen features a large stainless steel US style refrigerator, stainless steel oven, microwave, dishwasher and ample storage space within elegant wooden kitchen cabinets.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.