Ridgetop Land Private Island, Mayreau, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1.5 Acres
- 65340 Sq Ft
- Beach 250 yds
- FOR SALE
- Ridgetop private estate
- Panoramic views
- 250 yds from the beach
Mayreau 1.5 acres Ridge top Troise Anse Bay, Mayreau Saint Vincent and The Grenadines
1.5 Acres of prime ridge top land with panoramic views of the Grenadines at the head of a private estate which includes over 400 ft beachfront.
Mayreau island is at the centre of the Grenadine Islands and forms the western boundary of the Tobago Cays National Park where 5 miles of coral reef encircle four desert islands set in a turquoise lagoon
Mayreau is the most exciting prospect in the West Indies. A completely unspoilt paradise at the very centre of the Grenadines.
The views over the island and Caribbean Sea are panoramic, uninterrupted and include the islands of Union Island, Canouan, Mustique, Catholic Island - the sunsets are unbelievably beautiful.
A Private Island Location - see other tabs for more information on location.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.