Luxury Beachfront Villa Grand Col Point, Mayreau, The Grenadines
- 1 Bedroom
- 2 Bathrooms
- 0.5 Acres
- FOR SALE
- Expansion Opportunity
- Stunning Beach & Ocean Views
1/2 an acre of land 100 ft Beach Frontage 1 Bedroom 2 Bathrooms
Luxury Beachfront Villa
Luxury beachfront villa set on approximately half an acre of landscaped grounds just steps from a magnificent white sand beach & the turquoise sea. Incredible views of Trois Anse Bay and diving right off the property.
Well constructed and beautifully landscaped. The interior is waiting for finishing and could be done to the Buyers taste.
The interior features an ensuite master bedroom, main living area, kitchen and a further bathroom all opening out to a unique outdoor living area of covered and uncovered terraces.
A few steps from the house wind through the gardens directly down to the stunning beach.
Living area of 1434 sq ft of indoor living area and 214 sq ft of unique outdoor living area gives a total of 1648 sq ft. In addition there are two terraces, one at 225 sq ft off the Master Bedroom and one off the main living area at 344 sq ft.
Designed water storage to ensure adequate supplies even during the dry seasons.
A second bedroom could be added to the house for an estimated additional cost of US $500,000.
- Large Bedroom 18 ft by 18'8"
- Living Room: 19ft x 21 ft
- Kitchen 10ft x 21 ft
- Two full spacious bathrooms
- Spacious Terraces
- 1/2 an acre of land
- 100 ft Beach Frontage
- Walk to the Yachting club
- Diving right off your own property
This is an island to treasure... Mayreau is a tiny inhabited island with no airstrip so it is a special treat to stay or visit here. The island has superb views out over the Tobago Cays and on a clear day right on down to Grenada.
Mayreau is the smallest (1 1/2 square miles) of the inhabited Grenadine islands and has just over 250 residents.
With no airstrip Mayreau is only accessible by boat. However Union Island airport is only a few miles away.
Picture-postcard beaches and bays, a friendly village with a quaint old church and divine beaches. The beaches in Mayreau were voted among the Top Ten Beaches in the Caribbean.
Mayreau is the highlight for yachts sailing the Grenadines. The Salt Whistle Bay on Mayreau is established as the anchorage of choice in the region for yachts from around the world and is a must on any yacht charter cruise in the Grenadines.
Purchasing land in a foreign country can seem like a daunting task. We are here from start to finish of the process, and pride ourselves with a strong relationship with previous buyers, assisting in settling new owners into the island and their property. We are happy to assist with any part, from the handover, relocating, shipping, staffing, and continuing through our rental program.
We extend our full concierge services, and regularly handle all arrangements for potential purchasers visiting the islands for viewings - private or scheduled flights, transfers, accommodation, island briefings, tours and property viewings.
We arrange and lead viewings ensuring they are comfortable, relaxed and well timed. We provided detailed printed material and can photograph aspects of the property which are of particular interest to you, ensuring that all follow up material is focused for you.
From helping you find the right property, assisting in assessment & evaluation, advice on legal processes to various areas surrounding architecture, design, project management, property maintenance, management, and rental.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.