The Shell House Bogles, Carriacou, The Grenadines
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1.3 Acres
- 22587 Sq Ft
- Plunge Pool
- FOR SALE
- Seaview Lots included in sale
- Gated Pool & outoor shower
- Fine Detailing throughout
The Shell House & Land Cherry Hill Carriacou Elevated handcrafted Property
Located in an elevated location, on North Hill, one of the highest points on the island this property has been designed to capture the year round eastern tradewinds that surround Carriacou. Curved and sitting snugly amongst the hillside The Shell House comes with an adjacent garage/ caretakers apartment and three hammock cabanas.
Additional Opportunity: 2 Seaview Lots Included..
Lots A & C some 22,587 sq. ft, with full sea view, may be sold off or developed.
Secluded yet not far from Town & Beaches
High enough to really benefit from the constant breeze yet due to the islands size
- Greenheart masonry structure
- Constructed by hand pre-concrete mixers on island
- Floor of local coconut fibre tile
Unique Bespoke Interior Touches
The house has been built with curved walls making the interior shapes irregular and particularly relaxing and cosy. The bathrooms in particular feature interesting tiled features and local craftsmen have worked on the wooden furniture and features throughout making this a unique property. The Shell House features several colourful murals hand painted by Barbara Jenny.
Stunning Gated Private Pool
The plunge pool is gated, making this ideal as a family hideaway. The pool is surrounded by terracotta tiles and there is also an outdoor shower. Three hammocks under a cabana offer extra sheltered space to relax and unwind. There is a colonial style wood fired beehive oven also included.
- 8 minute walk to reliable island bus route
- 15 minutes to 2 beaches
- 10 minutes to Hillsborough
2 Bedrooms & Private Balconies
There are 2 bedrooms, the master bedroom has built in wardrobes and en suite bathroom with a tub and outdoor shower on its balcony. The second bedroom has a private balcony and stunning ocean views.
Stunning Bay & Island Views
The position of The Shell House maximises the view, with almost 360º panoramic views available from every room of the property.
- Electricity is provided by Grenlec
- Telephone and Internet by LIME (formerly Cable & Wireless)
- Water is stored in a concrete cistern under the deck.
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale + deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
(this contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
provide the following details to your local lawyer :
Date and place of birth
Copy of passport
Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
UK click here: The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward.
Address, current and for previous 5 years
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property.
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible.