Momma's House Port Elizabeth, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 0.25 Acres
- 10864 Sq Ft
- FOR SALE
- Completely gated and fenced
- 12,000 gallon water tank
- 110 & 220 voltage
This 2 bedroom affordable house is very conveniently located in Port Elizabeth. A 2 minute walk takes you into the bustling harbour town for shops, restaurants bars and island amenities.
Bequia's beautiful west coast beaches are easily accessible along the Belmont Walkway - just a 10 minute walk from Momma's House.
The property is all on one level, and is gated and fenced, access is by a gentle incline from the main road below with few steps up to the house. The house comprises 2 double bedrooms, living space with laundry room and kitchen to the rear of the property. The living area opens out onto a balcony which offers fabulous ocean views out over the harbour and Admiralty bay...
The 2 double bedrooms each have a bathroom. The rear master bedroom has air conditioning whilst the bedroom to the front of the house has a standing fan and a nice cooling breeze.
In the grounds of the property are a number of fruit trees including delicious local plums and mangos in season...
Port Elizabeth is the heart and soul of Bequia, a wonderful deep harbour is a popular international yacht anchorage. There is a wonderful selection of restaurants and relaxing waterfront bars and cafes. The town is friendly and busy with fresh fish straight from the boat and vegetables at the Rasta vegetable market.
Buying in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is straightforward and enjoyable experience.
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through our team who have official right to represent the property to you. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale plus deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer. This contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding
agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase). Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances, just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country:
- UK click here.The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward.
- Address, current and for previous 5 years
- Marital status
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property.
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible.