Rocky Top Mount Pleasant, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1.48 Acres
- Room for Development
- FOR SALE
- Panoramic Ridge Top Views over Atlantic & West Coast }
1.48 acres / 64,398 sq ft
Ridge-top location boasting double views - fantastic panorama over Admiralty Bay on the leeward side, couple with Mustique / Southern Grenadine views on the Atlantic side.
Mixed local and ex-pat residential community. Closest neighbours are Letovah Villa to the left, and Villa Morberg (below but out of sight).
Sugar Hill Restaurant with shop for basic supplies just a 2 mins walk, 20 mins walk to Princess Margaret Beach.
House Layout - All on One Level
Enter through small covered porch to lounge area and potentially 4 bedrooms (2 of which interconnect) on the back perimeter, reasonable sized kitchen is in front.
Long terrace runs in front of lounge / kitchen are with gorgeous views stretching out over Admiralty Bay.
Back outside terrace exiting from the bedroom area - access to huge gardens, plenty buffer space / room for further development.
Storeroom and small separate storage cupboard outside by purpose built BBQ area.
Plenty space to install a swimming pool / further development. An inflatable jacuzzi is currently used.
Huge mature gardens with fertile lands - 4 huge mango trees / figs / bananas / guava / orange / lime / cashew / plum / coconut
- Roof- Galvanize sheets
- Ceilings - Wooden beamed rafters
- Floors - White tiles
- Doors / windows - PVC windows with mosquito screens / some doors wood
- Main water tank @ 14 x 14 x 10ft deep
- Second Water tank @ 12 x 10 x 10 ft deep
- Security - Burglar bars & Security cameras
- Equipped with Wi fi and cable / FLOW TV
A central hilly area, Mount Pleasant enjoys a perfect combination of breezy elevation, rolling landscape, and access down to the beaches on both the Atlantic and Caribbean side and to the harbour town of Port Elizabeth. A very civilized retreat to enjoy Bequia from. Traditionally home of the islanders with roots in the French settlers, this is a long established residential location often with breathaking panoramic views.
Purchasing land in a foreign country can seem like a daunting task. We are here from start to finish of the process, and pride ourselves with a strong relationship with previous buyers, assisting in settling new owners into the island and their property. We are happy to assist with any part, from the handover, relocating, shipping, staffing, and continuing through our rental program.
We extend our full concierge services, and regularly handle all arrangements for potential purchasers visiting the islands for viewings - private or scheduled flights, transfers, accommodation, island briefings, tours and property viewings.
We arrange and lead viewings ensuring they are comfortable, relaxed and well timed. We provided detailed printed material and can photograph aspects of the property which are of particular interest to you, ensuring that all follow up material is focused for you.
From helping you find the right property, assisting in assessment & evaluation, advice on legal processes to various areas surrounding architecture, design, project management, property maintenance, management, and rental.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.