Rocky Bay Estate - Plot 13 Mount Pleasant, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1.27 Acres
- 55405 Sq Ft
- Exclusive Location
- FOR SALE
- Beachfront Estate
- Elevated Hillside Estate
- 2 Bed House & Pool Plans
- Construction Package Available
Rocky Bay Estate Plot 13 - Mount Pleasant, Bequia
Plot 13 - 55,405 sq ft @ $4 USD / sq ft
Other plots are available in Rocky Bay Estate:
- Rocky Bay Estate Plot 5 - 48,902 sq ft
- Rocky Bay Estate Plot 8 - 37,845 sq ft
- Rocky Bay Estate Plot 9 - 37,900 sq ft
- Rocky Bay Estate Plot 10 - 37,840 sq ft
- Rocky Bay Estate Plot 11 - 34,140 sq ft
- Rocky Bay Estate Plot 12 - 38,065 sq ft
- Rocky Bay Estate Plot 13 - 55,405 sq ft
- Rocky Bay Estate Plot 14 - 35,165 sq ft
- Rocky Bay Estate Beachfront Plot 15 - 174,249 sq ft
As well as the two villas:
2 Bed Property with Private Pool
Architectural drawings are available with purchase, and the owner has offered to build a 2 bedroom property with private swimming pool for ~400,000 USD. A similar property has already been constructed by the owner on a plot within the estate - Villa Iguana Rock
Elevated Hillside Location
This land has an elevated hillside location, in the beautiful Mount Pleasant. There are tremendous views over the southern Grenadines, and the area is made up of lovely natural woodland.
There is a delightful wooded lane that leads down to the beach at Ravine Bay, and the plots are also a short drive from two more exceptional beaches, Princess Margaret beach and Lower Bay beach.
The busy harbour town of Port Elizabeth is a convenient 10 minute drive from this location, and here you can do some food shopping, visit some of the waterfront bars and restaurants, and visit some beautiful local craft shops
Perfect for Development
The land is gently sloping and has direct access from the road, includes services and has been surveyed to offer the best possible locations for building with prospect and privacy.
This land has planning permission for the minimalist style open plan villa depicted in the gallery via an artist's impression. A more traditional design has also been drafted and has been approved for permission.
The overall building costs would depend entirely upon the purchasers choice of floor, roof, kitchen etc, but the cost of construction for a 2 bedroom property with pool (such as the show home) is ~$400,000 USD
Privacy & Solitude
As well as having the advantage of being within great distance of local amenities and fantastic beaches, properties built on Rocky Bay Estate will benefit from privacy and be in a quiet, secluded environment. This is due to the fact that covenants have strictly limited the number of properties in this area, and large areas of natural woodland and valley will remain undisturbed as part of the estate.
This development at Rocky Bay Estate is sure to make for an excellent investment - a property here could become the perfect private home, with plenty of space for a pool, and beautiful gardens.
Another option could be to develop a rental villa here, to take advantage of Bequia's thriving tourist industry.
A central hilly area, Mount Pleasant enjoys a perfect combination of breezy elevation, rolling landscape, and access down to the beaches on both the Atlantic and Caribbean side and to the harbour town of Port Elizabeth. A very civilized retreat to enjoy Bequia from. Traditionally home of the islanders with roots in the French settlers, this is a long established residential location often with breathaking panoramic views.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.