Mount Pleasant Land Mount Pleasant, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 0.17 Acres
- 7500 Sq Ft
- Superb views
- FOR SALE
- gentle incline
- Ideal Villa Location
- Road access in place
- Planning Permission in place
Mount Pleasant Land Mount Pleasant, Bequia St. Vincent & the Grenadines 7500 sq ft Gentle, Sloping Land Planning Permission in Place for 3 bedroom Villa
There is already planning permission in place for a 3 bedroom dwelling on this parcel of land saving the potential owner time in the future.
Perfect Location for Rental Property
There are a variety of rental vacation properties with 3 bedrooms on Bequia many generating around 4000 USD per week during the high season. Most of these properties have a private pool which would cost around 50,000 - 80,000 USD to construct
Superior Views over Island & Ocean
This land offers spectacular views across the west side of Bequia - right down to Bell Point, the harbour and across the Caribbean Sea to the island of St.Vincent.
Close to World Class Beaches
No property on Bequia is far from a selection of beautiful, often deserted beaches. Beaches on Bequia range from the white sand, calm turquoise waters & palm fringed beaches, like Princess Margaret Beach, to the wild, unspoilt beach at Hope, which can be reached on foot, and is stunning to explore.
Central Bequia location - Close to Bars, Restaurants, Shops & Beaches
Again, due to the scale of the island no residential area is far from the facilities and activity centers including the dive shops ,boutique style hotels, bars and restaurants.
New International Airport
A brand new international airport is in the final stages of construction for St.Vincent which would increase the influx of visitors to the islands in general. Giving a future increase in property value - so purchase pre this opening will give you a head start.
Not too Steep
It is important to flag that many plots of land at this price point can be quite steep - this one is not it offers a moderate incline which will help to keep build costs down.
This plot of land represents a shrew purchase on a popular and carefully evolving island in one of the most beautiful island areas of the Caribbean
Contact us to Arrange a Viewing
Please contact the team to discuss this plot further or to arrange a viewing.
A central hilly area, Mount Pleasant enjoys a perfect combination of breezy elevation, rolling landscape, and access down to the beaches on both the Atlantic and Caribbean side and to the harbour town of Port Elizabeth. A very civilized retreat to enjoy Bequia from. Traditionally home of the islanders with roots in the French settlers, this is a long established residential location often with breathaking panoramic views.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.