Lawler Hill Land and Cabin Lower Bay, Bequia, The Grenadines
- All Photos
- FOR SALE
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 0.889 Acres
- 38758 Sq Ft
- Panoramic Ocean Views
- Close to the best beaches
- Caribbean cabin on the Land
- Enjoys super views over both sides of the island }
0.889 Acres of Land with a 2 bed one story simple Caribbean Cottage
Gently sloping hillside land, encompassing panoramic ocean views stretching over Admiralty Bay and Princess Margaret Beach on one side, and the Southern Grenadine islands on the other side. The North Side of Lawler Hill consists of a simple single level home, situated on 0.889 acres of gentle grassy slopes and tropical gardens with fruit trees and flowers.
Purchasers would be responsible for bringing electricity to the plot (which is closeby)
Charming Wooden Caribbean Cabin
Desirable Lower Bay Location
The North Side of Lawler Hill enjoys a prominent location in the sought after Lower Bay area. In an elevated location the property benefits from privacy, but is within great proximity of islands restaurants, and of course the beautiful white sandy beaches of Lower Bay, Princess Margaret & Friendship. Being in a private residential area there is a lovely peaceful feel to this land with cooling trade-winds & a relaxed ambiance.
The walks to Lower Bay, Princess Margaret and Friendship beaches are around fifteen minutes.
You can also take the picturesque coastal path to the harbour.
This land was in family ownership, settled by one of the earliest families dating back to the 1700's untill 1969.
- 0.889 Acres
- 38,758 sq ft
- $25.67USD / sq ft
- Private residential area
- Right of way driveway
- Walk to beaches
- Stunning bay & ocean views of both sides of the island
- 1 bedroom 1 bathroom simple Caribbean Cottage
The Covenants to protect the environment include a limit on height of structures; 15ft. from ground, at the highest point on slope, to the peak. Percentage of land covered with cement is up for discussion.
The present owners, an American and Italian, have lived full time on the property since 1969 on lot 1 which is also for sale.
"The relationship we have had with this property has been one of love and respect for the land, it's creatures, the island and it's people, wishing to leave as small a footprint as possible. We hope to find new owners of the same nature"
A tiny village on a spectacular beach this is becoming a desirable residential area. Hillside houses and Villas enjoy views of Admiralty Bay and pleasant breezes. There are local restaurants right on the beach so a great place to spend the day, This is the beach of choice for Bequians and there is a wonderful family atmosphere at the weekends. At Easter regatta time there is a buzz of activity with all the local sailing boats launching from the beach.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.