Southern Cross Bequia Estates, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 0.57 Acres
- 25000 Sq Ft
- Private Pool
- FOR SALE
- elevated views
- Far reaching views over Grenadines
- Vast water tanks
- Very appealing finishes
- Online Viewing By Request
Located on the West side of Bequia on a beautiful Private estate which enjoys elevated views over the bays and beyond. Bequia Estates is a very well regarded area with a range of beautiful neighboring properties.
This is a precious property which the owners built and have thoroughly enjoyed throughout its ownership
Double views from this elevated position:
Leeward side: Views over Admiralty Bay / Princess Margaret / Lower Bay
Windward side: Views over Mustique / Petit Nevis with a glimpse of Canouan
Beautiful Private and Characterful Layout: Southern Cross Covers 3 Levels with 5 Bedrooms
Top Floor: Master bedroom suite & spacious open plan living / dining and kitchen opening out to wide covered balcony capturing both sets of views.
Middle Floor: 2x spacious bedroom suites, each with own bathroom and plenty of wardrobe / storage space. These open out onto the swimming pool deck
Lower Floor: Spacious self contained apartment with a kitchen, living space, one bedroom with double bed and en-suite bathroom & mezzanine bedroom with two single beds
The property has a mature established garden
The property is to be sold totally furnished - this is less any personal items which the owner will clarfiy at the point of sale.
Excellent Vacation Rental Potential
The property is ideally placed for rental and the team can advise you on entering the property into the rental pool.
25,000 sq ftVast Water Tanks
Dark exposed wooden beamsFlooring
Coral / limestone resembling tiles
Please click the Plans Tab to see full plans for the property.We can send you these directly if you wish to view in a larger format.
Completed in 2002
A Canadian Architect deigned the villa for the owners and the property was completed in 2002.
Richard (Rass) Hutchinson
Location / Directions
Bequia Estates: Take the road out of Port Elizabeth down Belmont towards Lower Bay. The Bequia Estates road is on the left (after the Mount Pleasant turning). Southern Cross is on the right hand side as you go around the first bend.
Bequia Estates is one of the oldest estates on Bequia. Located in an elevated hillside position high above the famous Princess Margaret Beach to the West, and Friendship Bay to the East. The entire estate is private and residential, accessed from the Port Elizabeth road above Princess Margaret Beach. A lovely peaceful estate with a collection of residential villas. Bequia's best beaches are just a few minutes drive away, only a 10 minute drive from here to the ferry dock and shops of Port Elizabeth, and 20 minutes to the local airport.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.