Jerome Land for Building Union Island, UNION ISLAND, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 0.987 Acres
- 42991 Sq Ft
- FOR SALE
- approx 1 acre plot
- gently sloping
- planning permission easily obtained
- ocean and island views }
- gently sloping
This newly listed Campbell land on Union is a welcome opportunity to offer a lovely large quarter acre plot to an international or local buyer.
The location of this plot is peaceful and easy access to all of Union island coasts.
The property is in single straightforward ownership and so contract and transfer would be easy and swift . Our team can advise on the smoothest rout to purchase. Please let us know if you are able to make a viewing visit. It will be a pleasure to show you this land .
There is just a 2 minute walk to Campbell beach a beautiful white sand beach.The land is facing south of Union Island and we understand that both the Sunrise and the Sunset can be seen from this location.
Union island has a progressive community and the island is attractive to those seeking a peaceful and unexplored location.
Most recently Union Island has launched a successful Kiteboard school which has given Union a very ' cool ' image.
Travel to the island is straightforward with flights from Barbados and Saint Vincent or Grenada.
Yachting is a key feature of the island - Your yacht can be based in the main harbor at Clifton only a 5 min drive away.
Beautiful islands of Palm Island,Mayreau and the Tobago Cays and Pettit Saint Vincent & Carriacou are close by and onward to Grenada which is often visible .
Please contact our team for a viewing.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.