Beachfront 2/3 Acre Belmont Belmont, UNION ISLAND, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 0.7 Acres
- Coral reef lagoon
- FOR SALE
- Beach front
- Permissions and Services
- Coral reef lagoon and Coral sand beach
- Canouan, Mayreau }
Beachfront 2/3 acre A Spectacular Location
30,000 sq ft of perfect unspoilt beachfront land on the North shore of Union Island, in the heart of the Grenadines This location is perfectly sheltered by the surrounding hills, headlands and reefs and enjoys wonderful year round breeze. This land has utterly uninterrupted views, and from here you can see Mayreau, Canouan and Mustique.
The land slopes gently up from the shore with indigenous bush and natural shoreline vegetation and grasses. There is current planning permission for a residence, guest cottage and swimming pool with plans, engineering drawings and tender documents all available. There is a quiet road, telephone and electricity services to the land.
A Simply Stunning Setting
Fringing coral reefs form a beautiful turquoise lagoon and the beach is pure coral sand. The snorkeling and diving in the area is world class. The world famous Tobago Cays Marine reserve is only two miles from your beach.
A small island airport makes Union Island a short inter-island flight from Barbados. There are private planes and Grenadine Airways regular scheduled flights. Travel from Union Island to other islands in the Grenadines is becoming more and more simple, with private planes, speedboats and ferries all available as options. Nearby airports include Canouan, Mustique and St Vincent, and there are also three hub airports that are within easy reach of Union Island - Grenada is 35 miles away, St Lucia 90 miles and Barbados 100 miles.
A central location on the island this is an established area above the Belmont Waterfront Walkway. The shore side is a relaxing and social area with sandy restaurants...yachts at anchor... children playing...a friendly fun area. Home to Bequia's longest established Hotels,the Frangipani the Whaleboner and the Gingerbread. There are small wooden jetties and its the place to stroll along the shore to Port Elizabeth or past the Dive shops to Princess Margaret Beach just over the headland. Houses and villas here enjoy panoramic views over Admiralty Bay, the finest harbour in the Windwards with visiting yachts form all over the world. The sunsets are breathtaking.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.