Mabouya View Villa L'Esterre, CARRIACOU, The Grenadines
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 0.20 Acres
- 8625 Sq Ft
- Near Paradise Beach
- FOR SALE
- Ocean & Garden Views
- Clean, uncluttered interior style
- Close to town & beaches
8625 sq ft Freehold Villa
This is a 3 bedroom family home situated in the quiet residential district of St.Louis, L'Esterre on Carriacou.
Close to Paradise Beach
Paradise Beach is one mile of white sand and clear waters and is often deserted and just an 8-10 minute walk away from Mayouba View Villa.The beautiful island of Mayouba and the properties namesake is visible from the verandah and accessible by boat from nearby Paradise Beach.
- 2 miles from town of Hillsborough
- 1 mile from village of Harvey Vale
- 8-10 minute walk to the nearest beach
Garden with a White Picket Fence
This lovely hillside villa is surrounded by a neat white picket fence and at the entrance are a set of iron gates and fence posts made from local stone. The owners have created a relaxing tropical garden surrounding the property which includes mature palms, woodlands and planted shrubs.
The house has an open plan living space and kitchen with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The 800 sq ft veranda leads off the main living spaces and offers a stunning view over Paradise Bay and the peninsula beneath.
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area – 30' x 20'
- Master bedroom – 16' x 16' with en suite bathroom – 6' x 10'
- Bedroom 2 – 13' x 13'
- Bedroom 3 – 13' x 13'
- Bathroom – 10' x 6'
- wrap around deck 800 sq. ft
- Garage – 30' x 20'
- Laundry room – 9' 6? x 7' 10?
- Shelter/secure storage room – 11' x 9' 6?
Greenheart Doors & Windows
All the walls are rendered block work with a Spanish style waved finish. Bathroom walls are tiled. The ceiling is grooved plywood with a glossy paint finish. The roof beams are stained to match the greenheart doors and windows which have horizontal louvers with mosquito nets. The roof is covered with white aluzinc sheeting. In the living/dining/kitchen and the bathroom the floors are in stone travertine tiles. There are greenheart wooden floors in the corridor, bedrooms and verandas. The interior wooden floors have a polished wax finish and the exterior floors have an oil finish as do railings. The underside of the wooden deck has been treated with wood preservative. The floors in the garage, utility and store room are painted concrete.
There is 12,000 gallon concrete cistern under the master bedroom which collects rainwater from the roof. The water is then pumped to the outlets. There is an electric hot water heater. Drainage is by septic tank to maintenance-free garden installation and soakaway
- The house has 220V electricity supplied by Grenlec and all the rooms are wired for 220V & 110V
- There is a transformer located in the garage
- There is also a generator with 2 gas bottles for emergency Backup
- The house is wired for telephone/internet and Cable TV but those services are not available in this area as yet
Carriacou, the second largest island in the Caribbean nation of Grenada, has on its eastern shores, L'Esterre Bay. Characterised by colourful clapboard houses, and a creole influence L'Esterre Bay features Paradise Beach, as its name suggests a fine, sandy beach fringed with sea almond and grape trees. With few waves and turquoise shallow waters this is perfect for families.
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale + deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
(this contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
provide the following details to your local lawyer :
Date and place of birth
Copy of passport
Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
UK click here: The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward.
Address, current and for previous 5 years
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property.
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible.