Ballyhoo Craigston, CARRIACOU, The Grenadines
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 0.23 Acres
- 10180 Sq Ft
- Private Pool & Deck
- SOLD STC
- Hillside Location
- Access to 2 Sandy Beaches
- Pool with Wraparound Sundeck
- 40' South Facing Verandah
Secluded yet close to Town
A short drive away from the town of HIllsborough, (1.5 miles) the islands capital, Ballyhoo is set amongst tropical hillside in the Craigston area, facing south west overlooking Hillsborough Bay. Surrounded by mature gardens upon land that used to be a lime plantation, with a private drive and stunning ocean views Ballyhoo is a must see property oozing charm and full of local character. We would highly recommend viewing this house and will be happy to arrange a viewing to suit your schedule.
Ballyhoo Interior Layout
There are 2 levels of living here, the upper level has an open plan cool living space, light and uncluttered with an open plan kitchen and the 2 double bedrooms, both with an en suite bathroom. The bedrooms and living space all open out via louvred french windows onto the 40' sweeping verandah. The lower level has the third bedroom which is self contained and laid out as an apartment offering additional privacy.
- Kitchen 10' 4" x 16'
- Living/Dining are 12' 8" x 16'
- Bedroom 1 14' x 16' 8" with ensuite bathroom 6' x 14'
- Bedroom 2 14' x 15' 8" with ensuite bathroom 6' x 14'
- Covered veranda 40' x 8'
- Bedroom 3 (lower apartment) 16' 8" x 14' with ensuite bathroom 6' 7" x 7
- Garage 16' 6" x 8' 10"
- Laundry Room 6' x 8' 10"
Stunning South West Facing Ocean Views
Named after the local Ballyhoo fish the house has been painted in blue and yellow mimicking the fishes' distinctive tail. Perched on the hillside taking full advantage of the prevailing cooling trade winds that naturally ventilate this property. The stunning views are to the Southwest and West over Hillsborough Bay and the mountains at the South end of Carriacou and includes Jack a Dan and Sandy Island.
Ideal as Vacation Rental Option
Ballyhoo is a perfect option as a vacation rental, the current owners are letting the property which generates around 1400 USD per week during the high season. Its location, degree of comfort, private pool, ocean views and proximity to several sandy beaches make this property well placed for future bookings. The new airport due to open in 2016 on nearby Grenada will increase the influx of tourism to the area and the need for accommodation.
Carriacou is the largest and southernmost island of the Grenadines, an archipelago of small islands between St Vincent and Grenada. It is seven miles long and three miles wide and is situated approximately 25 miles north of Grenada. Through centuries of volcanic activity, the topography of Carriacou is hilly, rising up to as high as 956 feet, with an irregular coastline surrounded by coral reefs and white sandy beaches. The land is wooded with lush, tropical vegetation and is, for the most part, unspoiled.The Island is serviced from Grenada by both a daily ferry service as well as multi daily flights.
Craigston Estate is a small group of villas located just a few minutes’ walk North of Hillsborough on the Western side of Carriacou. The views from Craigston capture a stunning western horizon in all its tropical evening splendor. The beaches of Tom's Bay and Sparrow Bay are just a couple of minutes stroll away from villas in this area.
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale + deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
(this contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
provide the following details to your local lawyer :
Date and place of birth
Copy of passport
Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
UK click here: The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward.
Address, current and for previous 5 years
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property.
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible.