Spring Lodge Spring, BEQUIA, The Grenadines
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 0.74 Acres
- 32366 Sq Ft
- FOR SALE
- Prime location with infrastructure
- 0.74 acre tropical woodland
- Character property close to beach
Spring Lodge Bequia St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Spring Lodge is an original MacIntosh twin studio balcony house in 3/4 acre (32366 sq ft) of tropical woodland, located on the central Old Cart Road ridge. Spring Lodge is close to the pure coral sand beach and the bay protected by fringing coral reefs.
Spring Lodge overlooks the Firefly Plantation to Spring Beach, and the Caribbean Sea to the islands of Battowia and Balliceaux. These views are simply stunning, and the private location balances perfectly with the great proximity of the Lodge to bars, restaurants, and local shops.
The property benefits from a private estate access road with services laid in. There is fantastic potential here to turn this into a wonderful private home, or perhaps a great investment could be made in the establishment of the property as a rental villa,which could potentially be an excellent source of income given Bequia thriving tourist industry. The exceptional location of Spring Lodge justifies the creation of a villa in classic island style.
A quiet international community of independent villas on the hillsides of this green and peaceful valley. The boutique Firefly Hotel, and old sugar mill is located here. The old tall Coconut palms run down to the coral sand beach facing the ocean. Completely away from the Harbour but astonishingly close for a visit for shops, restaurants and the bustle of island life.
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale + deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
(this contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
provide the following details to your local lawyer :
Date and place of birth
Copy of passport
Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
UK click here: The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward.
Address, current and for previous 5 years
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property.
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible.