Mimosa Waterfront Estate Belmont, BEQUIA, The Grenadines
- 9 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- 0.74 Acres
- 32000 Sq Ft
- FOR SALE
- Stroll to beach
- Premium Location
- International Exquisite Detailing
- Private Dock
- 4/5 Bedroom Main House
- 4 Bedroom Apartment
- 1 Bedroom Cottage
- 32,000 sq ft / 0.74 Acre
3.285 M USD Classic Waterfront Property with Atmosphere & Character
This beautiful classic property is set in over half an acre of prime waterfront land with mature palms and harbour views.
The atmosphere at Mimosa House is calm and peaceful and the property epitomises the mood of Bequia, surely one of the most tranquil of Caribbean islands.
A level landscaped tropical estate Mimosa is a true waterfront classic. Surrounded by some of the most majestic palm trees on the island this estate oozes style and quality.
Historic Building - Local stone & hardwood
The properties (comprising the main house, cottage and apartment) are built from local stone and hardwood. The original Wooden Cottage being brought to its current location on the back of an Ox cart.
This property possess traditional Caribbean Architecture - true authenticity - rarely seen today consisting of:
- Main House 4 bedrooms & additional study or extra bedroom on the lower floor
- Apartment Building with- 2 bedroom ground floor Apartment - 2 x Loft Apartments
- Historic Wooden Caribbean Chattel style waterfront cottage - 1 Bedroom
Popular Proven Rental Property
The location, degree of comfort and proximity to the beach make this estate a popular rental option with visitors to Bequia, particularly sailors due to the convenience of the private dock
There are currently 8 / 9 bedrooms in total with the properties combined, along with 8 bathrooms.
- 1x Master with Linked Bathroom through to ...
- 1 x Children's room or Family Room Linked to the Master
- 1 twin x en suite - large room
- 1 queen en suite - large room
- 1x Lower rooms can be used as spare guests room or study
- 1x King Room en suite to the rear of the apartment / Cottage
- 1 x Double room to the middle of the apartment / Cottage
Beautiful Caribbean features throughout for easy Caribbean living
- Classic Open Stone Gazebo
- Spiral staircase enabling easy inside outside living
- Upper Veranda enjoying uninterrupted Waterfront views to the west
- Lovely courtyard garden to the rear off Kitchen area
- Walled courtyard to the front
- Water features fountains etc to add to the ambiance
Mature Tropical Gardens with European Twist
The properties are set apart amidst private, mature grounds and have been styled reflecting the European origins of the current owner who has lovingly developed and maintained these properties over the last 2 decades with an Italian-Caribbean feel enhanced by the indoor/outdoor garden atmosphere and a waterfall fountain feature in the main house kitchen.
Beachfront on Calm West Coast
The location is beachfront with swimming possible directly in front of the property. The sand is soft and light with some coral particles and shell.
Snorkeling is great around the neighboring headland onto Princess Margaret's Beach. Where there is a lovely dock and Barefoot Beach Bar & Restaurant in contemporary style.
To the left of the property there is a more defined beach known as The Plantation Beach this is associated with the neighboring Plantation Hotel.
Owners and guests can either moor their own vessel in front of the property or enjoy easy access to the great sailing of the Grenadines from their own dock.
Sunsets and Yachts at Anchor
The property enjoys exquisite views of Caribbean Sunsets from all frontage and engaging views of the activities of the international yacht anchorage and annual fireworks displays and regatta activities.
Easy Access to the Restaurants & Bars
The property within close proximity to bars, restaurants and the shops at Port Elizabeth Harbour along the Belmont Walkway.
Waterfront, Private Dock, Footsteps from Beach..
The estate has private waterfront grounds, lovely gardens and there is also a private dock. These beautiful classic properties are located on over half an acre of prime level beachfront land. There is also direct access to the international yacht harbour from the wooden dock.
Close to the Islands Best Beaches
Mimosa Estate is only a short water taxi or drive away from two more wonderful clean, white sand beaches - Princess Margaret Beach and Lower Bay Beach.
Property with Potential to Further Develop
Mimosa Estate is large enough to accommodate a sizeable swimming pool within the grounds, which would be a stunning addition to the property. From the point of view of a private residence or the management of a vacation rental investment in a swimming pool is a obvious next step for this property.
Safe & Secure
A strong 2 step retaining wall with a wide indent, 6-8 foot above sea level effectively protects the property and its grounds from the sea.
The property has ornate window security features to keep the property safe from intruders.
A central location on the island this is an established area above the Belmont Waterfront Walkway. The shore side is a relaxing and social area with sandy restaurants...yachts at anchor... children playing...a friendly fun area. Home to Bequia's longest established Hotels,the Frangipani the Whaleboner and the Gingerbread. There are small wooden jetties and its the place to stroll along the shore to Port Elizabeth or past the Dive shops to Princess Margaret Beach just over the headland. Houses and villas here enjoy panoramic views over Admiralty Bay, the finest harbour in the Windwards with visiting yachts form all over the world. The sunsets are breathtaking.
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale + deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
(this contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
provide the following details to your local lawyer :
Date and place of birth
Copy of passport
Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
UK click here >http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward .