Lou's House Mount Pleasant, BEQUIA, The Grenadines
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 0.16 Acres
- 1998 Sq Ft
- Near Best Beaches
- Great Value
- Stunning Bay Views
- Desirable Residential Location
Quiet Residential Estate
Located in the peaceful & welcoming residential area of Mount Pleasant, centrally located on the island of Bequia. The area has a nice mix of local and international property owners.
Due to it's central location it has great access to all the amenities in the harbour town of Port Elizabeth, and is in close proximity to some of the best beaches in the Southern Caribbean.
Panoramic ocean views over Admiralty Bay from this elevated position
Total Square Footage of Land
7,033 square foot / house 1,998 square foot
Small local house originally which was remodelled with additions to include upper level kitchenette, 2 bedrooms and outside covered porch areas - as designed by owner from 2003
Roofing: Galvanized Ceilings: Wooden beamed Flooring: Mostly white/cream ceramic tiles / lounge area dark wood Doors / Windows: Wooden / louvred with mosquito meshing Pool / Dimensions No pool / space to install
2 Ample Water tanks
There are 2 water tanks,one an older one under the second bedroom and the big newer one under the large porch.
Spacious covered central deck (currently used for dining) with kitchenette to the rear. Good size lounge with bedroom to the side. Small master bedroom opening up to the central deck to the side and covered porch to the front.
Large spacious kitchen; very well supplied with relatively new gas cooker & new washing machine.
Has potential to create 2 self contained dwellings / rental potential to
Under main steps - storeroom - currently used by gardener for tools etc / good space
Yes - less personal effects / i.e. books / paintings etc
The owner notes specifically that the 2 rocking chairs are not included in the sale of the house .
Well planted and well established with some fruit trees and local colourful plants and flowers; Huge avocado tree, papaya, lime & guava
A central hilly area, Mount Pleasant enjoys a perfect combination of breezy elevation, rolling landscape, and access down to the beaches on both the Atlantic and Caribbean side and to the harbour town of Port Elizabeth. A very civilized retreat to enjoy Bequia from. Traditionally home of the islanders with roots in the French settlers, this is a long established residential location often with breathaking panoramic views.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.