Hazeco Apartments Lower Bay, BEQUIA, The Grenadines
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 0 Acres
- FOR SALE
- Lower Bay Beach
- 1 minute from Lower Bay beach
- 5 minutes drive to Port Elizabeth Harbour
- AC, 1 or 2 bed & Private Verandahs
Hazeco Apartments Lower Bay, Bequia St.Vincent & the Grenadine Islands 1 Minute walk from Sandy Lower Bay Beach
There are 4 apartments available for purchase located just one minutes walk away from Lower Bay Beach, one of the islands most popular. The beach is perfect for swimming and snorkeling, ideal for children and often deserted.
Perfect for Vacation or Retirement Property
These apartments have been designed for comfort each having a private verandah and convenience as they are positioned close to the beach, bars and restaurants.
Cool & Spacious Interiors
There is 750 sq ft of living space in each apartment, a fitted modern kitchen, bathroom and a choice of either one or two bedrooms, private verandah and either a garden or ocean view for each.
Just 5 mins from Port Elizabeth Harbour
The idyllic harbour of Port Elizabeth is just a 5 minute drive away which welcomes major cruise ships and an array of yachts from across the world. Bequia is a small, welcoming island with a tradition of boat building providing an ideal stop off point for sailors.
1 or 2 Bedrooms Available
Each apartment has AC and either one or two bedrooms.
Unique Opportunity on Bequia
This island is small with little development, there are no high rise hotels and the bars and restaurants are all independent island businesses maintaining a friendly, relaxed atmosphere for all visitors.
A tiny village on a spectacular beach this is becoming a desirable residential area. Hillside houses and Villas enjoy views of Admiralty Bay and pleasant breezes. There are local restaurants right on the beach so a great place to spend the day, This is the beach of choice for Bequians and there is a wonderful family atmosphere at the weekends. At Easter regatta time there is a buzz of activity with all the local sailing boats launching from the beach.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.