Friendship Heights Lot 23 Friendship Heights, BEQUIA, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 0.46 Acres
- 20083 Sq Ft
- Elevated views
- FOR SALE
- Beautiful Ocean / Island views
- Infrastructure laid in
- Private Estate 0.8 miles from beach
Friendship Heights Lot 23 20,083.70sq foot Lot Friendship Heights, Bequia St.Vincent & the Grenadines Island, Bay & Sea Views
Outstanding views over the Southern Grenadines - a perfect position for a property. A villa built upon this elevated, breezy position would enjoy wide panoramic views over across the bay over to the island of Mustique & the uninhabited Battowia and Balliceaux
Quiet, Residential Location
The Friendship Heights elevated location guarantees a cool, refreshing breeze circulating throughout the property and a quiet, secluded, exclusive neighborhood.
A lovely end of the road parcel well elevated with stunning ocean views over to the uninhabited islands of Balliceaux and Battawia, as well as Mustique, Friendship Bay below and also toward Bequia's Mount Pleasant area. Access is via the Friendship Heights road which runs up from the beach/bay below and ends at this plot.
Situated high up on the wooded ridge which runs from Saint Hilaire Point up to the 680 ft summit towering over Friendship Bay. This elevated position on the ridge gives astonishing views and a wonderful combination of breeze andshelter.
Road, Electricity, Cable & Coms
Easily accessed by road, already well connected this plot is in the perfect condition for construction to commence.
Close to Beaches, Bars, Restaurants & Bays
Friendship Heights is located in a central point upon the lower part of the island, just a 15 minute drive from the harbour, and close to both Friendship Bay and Lower Bay beaches. The plot is well connected by road.
This is a particularly nice plot and we recommend contacting us if you have interest for viewing.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.