Friendship Estate House Friendship Bay, BEQUIA, The Grenadines
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 0 Acres
- 4489 Sq Ft
- Authentic village atmosphere
- Wrap around balconies
- Inclusive of furniture and equipment
Friendship Estate House Friendship Bay, Bequia Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
New balcony house overlooking Friendship Bay
3 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms 2 Kitchens Elevated, breezy and with ceiling fans
The house is situated on a quiet side lane overlooking Friendship, between Friendship Bay beach and Admiralty bay harbour and Port Elizabeth. The location offers authentic small village atmosphere and views across the bay towards Mustique.
The new build has created a substantial and practical low maintenance island home.
A distinctive feature of the house is its wrap around covered balconies with ample outside space for relaxing comfortably shaded from the tropical sun. Sea breezes waft through the property for a naturally comfortable climate.
The property is offered inclusive of furniture and equipment.
For more details and viewing contact the exclusive agents, The Grenadines Collection / Grenadine Island Villas.
Hills encircle this fertile valley which opens to a beautifully long sweep of beach with southern views to Mustique and Bequia's southern Cays. Well connected by road to Admiralty Bay over the ridge. Friendship Bay enjoys a quietly established atmosphere with a great blend of local character and world class accommodation on this protected palm fringed bay. Hillside properties enjoy spectacular views accross the bay and out over the Caribbean Sea to the Atlantic Ocean beyond Mustique or to the Southern Grenadines beyond Isle a Quatre. There is an international restaurant on the beach and local roadside bars. Look for local working boats pulled up on the beach or anchored in this sheltered bay.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.