Firefly Beachfront Villa 2 Bed Spring, BEQUIA, The Grenadines
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 0 Acres
- Private Individual Pool
- FOR SALE
- No Fee Rental Management
- Fully maintained
- Superior Quality Build & Finish
2 Bedroom Firefly Villa Spring Bay, Bequia St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- Rental management by Firefly Resort
- Complete hassle free maintenance
- First purchases are exempt from any alien land holder license fees
- Reduced Stamp Duty
- Fixed low deposit
Established International Clientele
This area on Bequia is already well established as the prime residential choice for a growing international community. There are a number of high quality villas on the private Spring Estate in the valley and hillsides on the north side of Spring Bay. The Spring Estate is historically important to the island being the location of the islands largest plantation. The development of a new exclusive collection of beachfront residences would further renew the international interest in this area.
A Natural Expansion of the Firefly Hotel
Each single storey villa will reflect the simplicity, charm and luxury of the nearby Firefly Hotel. The superior service offered by the hotel staff will be extended to the villa owners. Set upon 9 raised islands and situated over 14 acres of mature palms and stunning sandy beachfront this collection of residences will comprise of 2 through 6 bedroom villas.
The Firefly Villas are an expansion of the Firefly Hotel Bequia and will reflect its simplicity, charm and luxury. All villas are single story villas single storey villas set on nine raised islands situated within over fourteen acres of mature plantation fronting the ocean cooled by inshore breezes and with a wonderful sandy beach.
Superior Interior & Exterior Finish
- Foundations, Floor slabs, columns and beams are all built from reinforced structural concrete
- Walls are made from concrete filled and steel reinforced concrete blocks
- Doors & windows handmade from solid cedar or mahogany timber
- Internal walls have been finished with coral render
- Internal floor tiles are quarried coralina and travertine marble
- Grohe bathroom fittings
- Quality American standard sanitary ware
- 110 & 220v electrics
- Solar & electric hot water
- Rain harvesting to individual underground water storage tanks
- Structural concrete swimming pool for each individual villa
- External decking of solid concrete finished with quarried coralina tiles to all areas
Furnishing Packages Available
Developers can offer a furnishing package as required, otherwise purchasers are welcome to furnish themselves.All white goods are included in the price - i.e. Fridge/freezers, stoves, air con units etc. All handmade wooden cabinets for kitchen and bedrooms included
Idyllic, Caribbean Coastline Location
The bay is beautiful and unspoilt offering an unsurpassable caribbean location. The properties will face the ocean across a sandy beach surrounded by natural woodland and mature, indigenous palms.
Close to Bars, Restaurants, Harbour & Dive Shops
This is a perfect location being quiet and rural whilst a short drive away from town. The Harbour Town of Port Elizabeth is a ten minute drive away, and the drive to Bequia's airport takes 15 minutes.
Stress Free Firefly Villa Management
Each villa owner can relax knowing that they can enjoy the following services from the Firefly management team:
- Fully serviced villas, cleaned & maintained and ready to be used at the owners convenience
- Full access to grounds and facilities of the Firefly Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
- 25% Discount Rooms at Firefly Bequia & Firefly Mustique Hotels
- Landscaping, cleaning and maintenance of grounds, pool, beach and villas
- Onsite 24hr Security
- Access to a rental pool generating rental revenue for the owners
Close to Tobago Cays & Mustique
Bequia is perfectly located being close to islands such as Union and Carriacou, perfect for sailing and kitesurfing and island hopping. The world famous Tobago Cays and exclusive resort of Mustique can be easily accessed via private charter such as the Friendship Rose.
Developing Area: SVG Airport Opening
The new airport on St.Vincent will increase the volume of guests looking for island accommodation. These exclusive beachfront properties would be ideally placed as vacation rental properties.
Sense of Island History
Spring Estate was the location in the 18th & 19th centuries of a large plantation and still has remains of some of the original plantation buildings as well as an abundance of fruit trees and ancient palms.
We would highly recommend viewing this beachfront location. Come to the island, walk along Spring Bay beach and see why this is the perfect place for you to be. Contact the team to arrange a viewing.
A quiet international community of independent villas on the hillsides of this green and peaceful valley. The boutique Firefly Hotel, and old sugar mill is located here. The old tall Coconut palms run down to the coral sand beach facing the ocean. Completely away from the Harbour but astonishingly close for a visit for shops, restaurants and the bustle of island life.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.